can you use k8 EGR system for KLZE with no EGR

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3ze@7psi

can you use k8 EGR system for KLZE with no EGR

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

I'm planning to go ZE now and I was wondering if you could use the stock k8 exhaust manifold with the EGR on the ZE if it is blocked off. Can I just run without it too?
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
SimonPK

Re: can you use k8 EGR system for KLZE with no EGR

Post by SimonPK »

it all seem pretty much interchangeable - I run a KLZE with the K8 EGR tubes & exhaust manifolds - no problem with emissions testing or with any fault codes.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

yes
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

I'm getting a curved neck ZE. I was told that the egr port was blocked off does that mean that it doesn't have egr or is it just blocked off. If everything fits than I'll use my stock k8 exhaust manifolds.
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”