Sleeper6's Gold 92GS Updated paint pics!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Sleeper6's Gold 92GS its ALIVE >:D

Post by Sleeper6 »

Heart surgery prep

Weight savings mod to the extreme!

Somethings missing! Oh and the snakes nest Im leaving till I swap to the G4 besides the main one that was mandatory.

Verifying its all lined up, just before putting the radiator back in and removing my specialty Throttlebody spring retainer that helped get past the brake booster. Sure did look pretty with the headers on and painted to match my old one ( i took that as a good sign Lol)

All finished, well minus the vacuum bits and airfilter, but its on the ground and bolted in! Btw like my garage in the background? :lol:

Video of First start up! Miss the headers sound :(

So after driving for a day with the exhaust sealed I had this unnerving grinding sound, traced to the PS tensioner, atleast it was an easy swap :lol:
Dont mind the sludge leftover from the K8 on the suspension and my swapped harmonic balancer :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sleeper6 on December 12th, 2011, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Re: Sleeper6's Gold 92GS Swap pics/first start!

Post by AaronTietje »

Great pics, still wish I could have given you a hand.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

*edited*

Im an addict and cant help it, least I can do is never buy another ATX one again. THAT was a nightmere!
Last edited by Sleeper6 on March 17th, 2012, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Sorry to hear about that, but it's good to figure out what you really need/want. Good luck on your future endevours with other cars and feel free to drop by here anytime! 8)
ethand

Post by ethand »

Sucks to hear of all the problems you've had. All the best with finding something more reliable, more fun, and more enjoyable to own. I look forward to seeing what you get :) It'll defs be sad to see such a tidy, nicely modded MX go.
And like Mark said, it'd be great to hear from you still every now & then :)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Try not to laugh please, but I have a question :lol: Which wire runs from the headlights to the interior switch itself? -.-

Thank you!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Alright, One more go around time. With the sale of the black beast and a reliable honda in the drive I feel a bit better about reviving my high school sweetheart. Found another 2.5 in a local yard last month that they are willing to extend me a 30day warranty on so going to give them a call tomorrow and make sure its still around. Although this time I think Im going to buy a new oil pump spring and shim it once just to be on the safe side. After all I now have a working oil pressure gauge to install on the new one!

Ya Im a hypocrite, what can I say she has nice curves and I hate hondas electric throttle :lol:
93 GS red (wrecked)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

You can say ZOOM ZOOM and give me your light crank pulley for a song and a dance! :wink:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Sorry thats staying on that car no matter what motor goes into it. Now i just have to get the car towed back to work and get a motor shipped in. Ahh the perks of working in one of the best dealerships in the city/state, all the updated tools and one master tech that enjoys helping me fix the car, if anything to mock me all the while but its quite amusing and his insight is priceless and has saved me time to boot.
93 GS red (wrecked)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Poor you, all the tools you could ever need, a proper lift, and a master mech. to help you get it all going! :lol: How will you ever survive with such luxuries? ;)

I'm teasing, I'm thoroughly jealous of everything I just made fun of. :( I don't even have a garage... Bleh.
Anyways, Can't wait to see her going again!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
IMACHU2

Re: Sleeper6's Gold 92GS 0 oil psi, next rebuild coming soon

Post by IMACHU2 »

You found the key to enjoying toy cars. Have two cars, a real one to get you to work, and a toy one to play with. Guys at work don't understand how I can drive a stock 323 or my stock Civic every day, but on my way to work (stop and go traffic) a fast car is really not necessary. I wish I would have learned this much earlier in life. (Commuting in 5.0L Mustang's in the winter ect.) :lol: The other bonus is when you blow up your project car....or cars in my case, you can fix them when the time and money allows instead of thrashing on it so you won't be late for work in the morning.
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
Sleeper6

Re: Sleeper6's Gold 92GS Rebuild opinions wanted!

Post by Sleeper6 »

Alright just spent the last 2hrs on my back dropping my crossover pipe/pan/shield/OPR spring. The good news is there is no major internal flaws from what I can see, no large bits in the oil or strainer either. Also the Oil pump spring is maybe .5mm off from what the New oem spring is when I put them side to side ( i had hopes that the spring just failed :roll: )

So now that Ive seen all this and know that when the motor was put in it was holding a strong 175-180compression across the board, what would you do?

A) Try and save it, install new mazda pump for $300 and hope for the best?
B) Install another used motor w/30day for $350, well $400 b/c Ild want to keep the core to build it. ?

The only time this has been run now since the light came on was 2 trial turn overs for maybe 3secs, then about 6sec when I put the oil pressure gauge on and turned it off soon as I heard a knock (again didnt want to believe my guage reading 0psi)
93 GS red (wrecked)
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

Beck/Arnley pump from rockauto , 150 bucks
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Mi|<E wrote:Beck/Arnley pump from rockauto , 150 bucks
Question is, would you trust an afmkt for this? These are one of the few parts that leave me skeptical
93 GS red (wrecked)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'd trust it. :shrug: If it fails immediately, you could always force them to make it right.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”