canada members please help me out!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: canada members please help me out!!

Post by MrMazda92 »

No worries, I have extras because I have extra engines. :freak: That way, when I can pay for machining, I won't be held up by "Oh, your crank has a slight bend." or something else that I can't predict currently. :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

mikeinaus wrote:it has 2 other small holes that are meant for a special tool to hold while you crack the bolt loose
That special tool is a pulley puller. The 2 bolt holes are for it and not for cranking the bolt loose.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

It just clicked. You can make a doohickey to remove the crank bolt out of a piece of metal. Months ago I was listening to the "King of Miatas" and he did show how he removed his while the engine was out. It's around minute six so you can skip through a lot of it. No it's not a K series but the tool is the same concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oovptq0q ... re=related
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

SuperK wrote:It just clicked. You can make a doohickey to remove the crank bolt out of a piece of metal. Months ago I was listening to the "King of Miatas" and he did show how he removed his while the engine was out. It's around minute six so you can skip through a lot of it. No it's not a K series but the tool is the same concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oovptq0q ... re=related
haha, i watched that video a lot when i had to do my timing belt for the first time

does he actually need to take that bit off?
Now i have no idea how it is on the v6's but i only needed to remove the actual belt pulley that was the 4 small bolts and left the timing belt pulley on when i did it on my BP.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:
mikeinaus wrote:it has 2 other small holes that are meant for a special tool to hold while you crack the bolt loose
That special tool is a pulley puller. The 2 bolt holes are for it and not for cranking the bolt loose.
i just went threw the online manual and according to it there is a special tool that is meant to connect to the flyweel and stop the crank from moving on that side. that being said we have alldatapro at school and it showed a special tool that physically held the crank in place using the 2 holes meant for the puller on the harmonic balancer.

i doubt making a tool would be that difficult, i just dont have many tools at home so i doubt its possible with what i have on hand. i think im just going to have to leave my car in the shop longer then i wanted too :(. ill get everything i can done before the cover arrives so i can hopefully finish it in a day or 2 when it finally does..
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

This my my crank bolt tool:

They go on sale at canadian tire for 50 bucks from time to time, pretty invaluable thing to have.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

mikeinaus wrote:
_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:
i just went threw the online manual and according to it there is a special tool that is meant to connect to the flyweel and stop the crank from moving on that side. that being said we have alldatapro at school and it showed a special tool that physically held the crank in place using the 2 holes meant for the puller on the harmonic balancer.

i doubt making a tool would be that difficult, i just dont have many tools at home so i doubt its possible with what i have on hand. i think im just going to have to leave my car in the shop longer then i wanted too :(. ill get everything i can done before the cover arrives so i can hopefully finish it in a day or 2 when it finally does..
Are you serious? Wow I'm surprised, they're really small holes. But yeah I've always been able to take mine off with an impact.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”