canada members please help me out!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mikeinaus
antispam: No

canada members please help me out!!

Post by mikeinaus »

in the process of having my timing belt done, we discovered today that my timing belt cover has a massive chunk missing. if any canadian members have one in decent condition and would be willing to sell for a reasonable price and ship asap id be extremely grateful. im really hoping i can get away without paying the $105 per side mazda wants for them :crying:

i know this belongs in wtb but its kind of an emergency and i need people to see this post :crying:

Vancouver BC
Last edited by mikeinaus on February 23rd, 2012, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: canada members please help me out!!

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

cant help with parts.. but you may want to put your location in your sig.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

lol i keep forgetting to update that. well no time like the present...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Could always just take them off
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I've got a set I could ship up pretty much immediately. The left cover is missing one mounting point, the right is whole.

I'm stateside, so it'd be a bit slower... but if you can wait for the shipping, I'd let them go for $75 + shipping. If shipping is ridiculous, I can work with you on the price.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

thats a bit more then i was hoping to spend... maybe i should just go to pick a part this weekend. anyone know of a way to get the crank pulley off without a crank tool or the ability to jump the starter? or is it possibly to get the cover off without removing the pulley?
Pritchett
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Pritchett »

My timing is terrible...I used an electric impact gun to take my crank pulley off. Im pretty sure I still have my old TB covers as well. Think they are missing 1 or 2 fastener grommets as well, however I just left for work. I'll check on here before I get home to see if youve acquired any by then. If my memory is correct and they're worth shipping, you can have them for the price of the shipping. I won't be back home till the 8th of march however.
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

You need both sides? It's hard to come by a mint set these days. Post a pic of what yours look like just so we can make a comparison as to what you're looking for.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

Well my right side is fixable, the left however has a chunk missing near the tensioner about 3" wide and probably 5" high. I'm sure I could find one at the wreckers, I just don't think its possible to get the crank pulley off without an impact or the special tool. Anyone been able to squeeze the cover out behind the crank pulley? I doubt its possible with the engine still in the car eh?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

get one of those + bars for removing lug nuts, then put the 21mm side on the crank pulley bolt. then go in the car and crank the engine (don't start it) and the + bar will brace itself against the frame and break loose the bolt. Works every time on my four banger! Correction: worked every time.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

cars at pick a part don't have batteries, or are whole enough to crank the starter if they did :(
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

my bad I don't know how to read.

if it's the same as the 4 cyl, you can remove the small bolts on the pulley boss, and just remove the pulley boss itself. You may be able to coerce the plastic cover off of the engine by fenaggling it off after that.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

i dont know about the 4 bangers but the v6 harmonic balancer is a solid piece of metal (more or less) held in by 1 large bolt torqued close to 200 ft lbs. it has 2 other small holes that are meant for a special tool to hold while you crack the bolt loose, id hate to drive the hour to pick a part and come home empty handed. i could probably find one at local wrecker but they are so overpriced theyd probably want close to retail...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

If you're only looking for the one side I could sell just the one. The price I gave was for both sides.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

sleeper6 has one for $20 in pretty good shape. ill most likely end up grabbing his but it looks like i wont be having my car on the road for reading week :(. thanks for the offer mrmazda. i dont have class on fridays, and if its shipped on monday id get it earliest wednesday afternoon which would leave a couple hours to get the entire thing back together on thursday which i doubt would happen. oh well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”