klze dyno

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
windofire
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

klze dyno

Post by windofire »

just wanted to share this, i was pretty happy with the graph :)

Black Mx3 GS
ZE swapped with kl36 ecu and Exedy oem clutch, Fidanza flywheel, 2.5" stainless exhaust, Ebay headers, 8mm sparkplug wires and Denso iridium sparkplugs, Rockspeed CAI, 17x8 wheels, 235/40 Goodyear eagle f1 as, Taroc japan sport discs and pads.
WhiteFinish

Re: klze dyno

Post by WhiteFinish »

nice result
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Tfries-cc

Post by Tfries-cc »

so that means your ze puts 186HP to the wheels??
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Those are pretty good numbers, you have a healthy engine! :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
windofire

Post by windofire »

Tfries-cc wrote:so that means your ze puts 186HP to the wheels??
Yeah it does and it was actually dyno'ed twice and the first time it was on it showed 187 whp :)
MrMazda92 wrote:Those are pretty good numbers, you have a healthy engine! :)
i was suprised, i only hoped for 170ish. but i think its strange that peak hp is at 7100 rpm, isn't it supposed to be at 6500? :)
Black Mx3 GS
ZE swapped with kl36 ecu and Exedy oem clutch, Fidanza flywheel, 2.5" stainless exhaust, Ebay headers, 8mm sparkplug wires and Denso iridium sparkplugs, Rockspeed CAI, 17x8 wheels, 235/40 Goodyear eagle f1 as, Taroc japan sport discs and pads.
Jforce

Post by Jforce »

Do you have the kl31 cams and ZE long neck?

Very nice result indeed.
windofire

Post by windofire »

No actually not its a curved neck with kl01 cams and kl31/36 :)
Black Mx3 GS
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Very good number, you lost only 14hp and ~15 tq, not bad at all!
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

The conversion to US HP and TQ is actually 183.7 WHP and 151 foot pounds of TQ.

I am surprised with the KL01 cams and those numbers. Great numbers! looks like the Fidanza is the way to go..
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

those are great numbers. I want to get my car dynoed. I bet a MAF and MSD coil frees up at least 5+ on tq and hp. I would love to see 190hp and north of 155 on tq.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
windofire

Post by windofire »

Josh wrote:The conversion to US HP and TQ is actually 183.7 WHP and 151 foot pounds of TQ.

I am surprised with the KL01 cams and those numbers. Great numbers! looks like the Fidanza is the way to go..
i can't see how Theres a difference between European horsepower and US horsepower? could you please explain it?
but it's really great numbers and the fidanza really make a houge difference on ZE's :)
kulluminati777 wrote:those are great numbers. I want to get my car dynoed. I bet a MAF and MSD coil frees up at least 5+ on tq and hp. I would love to see 190hp and north of 155 on tq.
i've got a msd 6al waiting to go in with a blaster ss coil, outlaw spacers, interprep springs and cams will also come in near future and later on a VEMS ecu :)

just havent decided wich cams to go with yet, as i want the most power but still streetable. any inputs here? and anyone who knows what max lift is in a flat top ze? catcams makes some with 10mm lift and they are warning people that valves could hit the pistons, so that you may have to machine the pistons.
Black Mx3 GS
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

windofire wrote:
Josh wrote:The conversion to US HP and TQ is actually 183.7 WHP and 151 foot pounds of TQ.

i can't see how Theres a difference between European horsepower and US horsepower? could you please explain it?
but it's really great numbers and the fidanza really make a houge difference on ZE's :)
It is the difference between US standard unites of measure (inches, lbs or pounds etc.) and European units of measure. You guys are on the metric system. We use pounds you use stones.. kidding! But it is just a little different when it comes to the dyno numbers and how they are measured. If you search google you can find some handy converters.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

it says hk not hp. what is hk?

also torque maxed out at 3400 rpms?
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
windofire

Post by windofire »

Josh wrote:
windofire wrote:

It is the difference between US standard unites of measure (inches, lbs or pounds etc.) and European units of measure. You guys are on the metric system. We use pounds you use stones.. kidding! But it is just a little different when it comes to the dyno numbers and how they are measured. If you search google you can find some handy converters.
Okay, i see. It makes good sense :)
RX8SE3P wrote:it says hk not hp. what is hk?

also torque maxed out at 3400 rpms?
Hk is HesteKræfter in danish and its horsepower in English ;)
Torque maxing out at 3450 rpm seems right to me, if you're looking at the factory specs. But I'm wondering why my hp is at 7100 rpm and not 6500, I think it might be because of the fidanza. :)
Black Mx3 GS
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Seems all wrong to me actually. :lol: What gear was the dyno using during testing?

KL01 cam curve neck is not a true KL31 engine. It's a Eunos 800 engine and at best had a 7 nipple disty and no egr which would mean it's a high compression jap import with KL01 cams.

If it has a 6 nipple disty and EGR, then it's a domestic engine with 170HP at the crank. How that can make 190 at the wheels, with KL01 cams. I don't know. But if it drives strong who cares?

EDIT: And to confirm, KL01 cams will max their power before 6000rpms. The KL31 cams make power at 6500rpms. The torque curve is also wrong, it should definitely make more torque and not take a dive like it does after 3400rpms. Do you have the AFR too? Love to see them with the KL31/36 stock ECU.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”