[GI] ITB's for all 4 cyl models

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
4gotn

[GI] ITB's for all 4 cyl models

Post by 4gotn »

For those of you who don't know what an ITB is click the following:
http://www.importtuner.com/features/080 ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and because some of you are asking id say this is a 2 on a 5 star difficulty level.

SUMMARY

IM STARTING OVER FROM SCRATCH!
new itbs, new system alltogether

As of right now I am building an ITB for my 95 mx3 with a 1.6L dohc but i plan to do this for the 1.6L sohc and the 1.8L bp(b8 if i can find a suitable template for the manifold) and possibly the k series v6s.

The product will be made from 46mm throttle bodies and will be a direct bolt on. The ITB's will come with velocity stacks, the actual manifold with throttle bodies and socks for the velocity stacks.

There will be 4 injector ports so if need be I can include a factory fuel rail which you can accommodate to fit your injectors if need be or i can leave them all open for nitrous... its your decision. Ultimately all excess ports will be blocked off and smoothed out to ensure smooth flow.

What I will be doing is welding a flange to some runners, then welding a slightly bigger pipe over the last few inches of the runners so i can slip the itbs in side. I will also be creating an adapter housing that will act as the main "tank" of the intake manifold. Something similar to this (http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/ima ... ITB-01.jpg) only longer runners and obviously facing the correct way.

Possibly going to include a vacuum distribution box....depends...

PRICE!
still working on a price being as i don't have all the materials together yet.
rough estimate:
150 ea. -- itbs
xx -- piping (when i get the itbs i can work out size/cost)
cost of materials -- welding (should be fairly cheap per unit)
xx -- flange for head (i was quoted $80 but thats a crock so im still looking)
xx -- misc sheet metal (end plates, vacuum ends, etc)

THE list
Everyone who is defiantly interested or possibly interested just pm me so i can keep track of it
It'll help with bulk buys if i can pitch a number at them....Just need a pm saying defiantly or possibly + engine

Definates:
SuperK

Possibles:

This is what I have so far:

will insert new pics as i progress

current status:

Flange in, prepped for porting. runners in. need plenum, velocity stacks, and caps for plenum.
Last edited by 4gotn on March 31st, 2011, 9:50 pm, edited 15 times in total.
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

mx-3_4evr

Re: [GI] ITB's for all 4 cyl models

Post by mx-3_4evr »

If you have questions, ask the ITB king. That's me of course! :D

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

This is sort of off topic, but not really.... If you can make them for 6 cyl., I would be interested one day, as would many others. I know they would be very different.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

i could make them for the k8 and klze but i would have to have a motor.
plus the design would have to be a little extravagant and may not have room due to the mx3s limited under hood space...
could just do like the old days though and have velocity stacks through the hood....
its feasible....
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny

Flyer

Post by Flyer »

fowljesse wrote:This is sort of off topic, but not really.... If you can make them for 6 cyl., I would be interested one day, as would many others. I know they would be very different.
Might want to talk to leo323 about that...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Sir, i feel very intrigued by this.

I don't feel capable of completing a management system, and look forward to what can be done with the stock system.

That's a good bit of weight lost, too...
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

4gotn...could you make some for us other 4cyl guys? rough estimates?
mx-34ever, what about you oh evil mastermind. you've successfully made one....what would u charge to make another one?
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I will be selling my set up this winter, so keep your eye out for my N/A part out :D
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

well im currently working with jwmotorsports who has agreed to make the manifolds but we are in the process of measurement and design so bear with me
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

^ Sorry for the thread jack. What length are you using for the runners to the ITBs. Make sure you make them as long as you can since our engines don't rev too high (7K - 7.5K RPMs)
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I want more pics before I start asking about vacuum lines... :D
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

well the length of the runners isnt decided yet but ill see what i can get away with
it all depends on the velocity stacks and weather jw will make them or i have to order them
as far as the two vacuum lines go ill probably just make a sort of purge combining the cylinders
thinking of just making an air box for the stock internals..maby...it would have to be fixed to the velocity stacks
or just adapting a gm map sensor..well see

4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

what exactly did you do with your maf?

mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I'm running MS I V3.0 on MAP sensor, but I recommend TPS. It's more responsive with TPS (I didn't know this till I got my car tuned) I'm not going to re tune it with TPS because I'm going turbo with a twin manifold design. :D
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

same here..straight off the tps
ms1 may be needed for the project but its cheap so eh

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”