Got my Projectors.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
colinsmx3

Got my Projectors.

Post by colinsmx3 »

I didn't want to wait around since I have shows and stuff.... So I got the ebay ones which are the same as the group buy ones just the LEDs on the side. Am I going to do a review?? no.. it's simple... there made in Taiwan by a huge company and sold them to little places who sell them to you for more to make a dollar. Does it make a difference who you get them from?? no... they all came from the same factory.... There better then OEM thats it thats all. And here they are.

EDIT: More pics. The Angels are used as my Daytime running lights, the projectors are now my night lights, and LEDS as my turn signals.

Last edited by colinsmx3 on February 3rd, 2009, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
onlytrueromeo

Re: Got my Projectors.

Post by onlytrueromeo »

:( I understand not wanting to do a full writeup, especially since Jesse did one already, but I would appreciate some better glamor shots of what the lights look like w/ the halos and LEDs on and how the housings look from the front + sides. Besides, how can you resist taking nice shots of your car?
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Well with the limited room I have I can not get good shots and that was about 30 min after I got them. no outside shots since my car does not come out of the garage till all the snow is gone.
ImageImageImage
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

looking great
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

nice!!! i like the heartagram :P :love:
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Very nice indeed, suits your car very well.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i got these in chrome coming in... kinda disappointed to see they don't have those rubber insets that cover the edge of the fenders like the ones from the GB do. more OEM looking. are you not hooking up the halos??
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Actually these do come with the rubber piece, same as the other ones.... Since they are made in the same warehouse as the other ones.... Though it's not thick enough so I removed mine and now have the original ones on there they look much better now.
I am hooking up the halos to my parking lamps so they will be on at all times.
ImageImageImage
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

:shock: Look great, Colin if you get any outside pics I would love to see em. Also ninjajim when you get the chrome can you post pics?
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

colinsmx3 wrote:Actually these do come with the rubber piece, same as the other ones.... Since they are made in the same warehouse as the other ones.... Though it's not thick enough so I removed mine and now have the original ones on there they look much better now.
I am hooking up the halos to my parking lamps so they will be on at all times.
First off, these are some nice projector, but one thing i have to correct the one that we made vs. these option projector are from different manufacture and is a whole different company, the one we carried is from Sonar manufacture from Taiwan. Obviously you can check their boxes, They are different and also the way they made might be similar but i can be sure those are not the same company and manufacture. Just to let you guys know. thanks. Enjoy the projector.

-Ray
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

hmmmm odd.... thats what my box said also....
You honestly think there is a chance that 2 huge places said "hey theres no projectors for the MX3 lets make them!" and had them come out 3 days after each other without knowing there was some comming out at the exact same time for such a rare part.
I know you are just trying to keep as many ppl on the GB as you can so you can make your dollar, everyone has to. Nothing against you but your just the middle man selling the lights from the main company like the rest of the Ebay sellers.

Back on topic! :welder:
ImageImageImage
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

sure, i'll be happy to post up pics... i'm getting a new bumper tho, so it will have to wait for that, unless you want to see what it looks like on a bashed up mx lol.

colin, good to hear it's got the rubber. i saved my OEM ones too, but i don't quite recall where i put them, so i'm glad it comes with it -- and that there's a spot for it.

did you wire up the leds on the sides as park lights too? i was thinking i would use them as turn signals, i but i won't bother if they're not that bright, which is how it seems in the pics...
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

i wonder if 1 comapny made the clear covers for a company that made the rear part (bulb housing) then they turned to a partner company and said here, buy our clear cover and screw these other guys who think there is an mx-3 market.

Just like the companies over there that sell fake ipods cause they get parts from the real ipod companies
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

I didn't wire up the LEDs yet.. I am not sure if I am going to, if anything they will be turn signals and the Angel eyes will be the all day lights. I pretty much opend the box and bolted them in and pluged the socket in and that was it since I was putting the engine back together... I will do the rest tonight.
ImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah. Those look good. I'm sure there will be more glamour shots soon. The ones I got had the correct thickness of the rubber trim. I'm not fond of the little "futuristic" lines above the lights on the inside.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Appearance”