Gauges?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
the_anj

Gauges?

Post by the_anj »

Ok, so to run the risk of coming off as a total ricer, here goes nothing...

I love the look of gauges in a car. I'm not talking about the three foot diameter tachs with a shift like that is as bright as a nuclear holocaust, but like the 2 1/16" diameter ones (boost, volts, oil pressure, a/f ratio, etc).
I plan on boosting the car, but not for another year or so, and obviously have no need for boost gauges.
I guess my question is; are there any gauges that could be considered beneficial for a N/A engine? Forgive my ignorance, but I'd love to put in some gauges but don't want a couple of useless things that look pretty.
'94 GS-DE
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Gauges?

Post by umcamara »

Vacuum gauge... FTW.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

a/f meter :wink:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Oil pressure, water temperature, oil temperature
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

umcamara wrote:Vacuum gauge... FTW.
Hells ya. You will need the vac/boost guage in the future anyways. My pillar is sporting AEM boost guage/controller and AEM UEGO.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I too like the look of gauges, but in hindsight I wish I had gotten different ones... I have volts (which has actually proved useful several times), a/f ratio (only because it looks cool) and I modified a single shift light to fit in the bottom hole.

If I were to get more gauges or replace the ones I have, I would get vacuum and oil pressure which would prove useful in the klze.
the_anj

Post by the_anj »

Mooneggs wrote:I too like the look of gauges, but in hindsight I wish I had gotten different ones... I have volts (which has actually proved useful several times), a/f ratio (only because it looks cool) and I modified a single shift light to fit in the bottom hole.

If I were to get more gauges or replace the ones I have, I would get vacuum and oil pressure which would prove useful in the klze.
This is perfect. I'm trying to avoid exactly this, getting gauges because they look cool, only to regret not getting gauges that actually serve a purpose.

Keep the replies coming... what gauges you have, which would be useful....
'94 GS-DE
Raven95150

Post by Raven95150 »

Volts and oil pressure for sure since there aren't factory gauges for those. You don't really need a temp gauge since there is a factory gauge for that. If you do plan on boosting in the future, go ahead and put in the boost/vacuum gauge while you are already installing gauges.
No more MX-3
2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT
95 F-150...6" lift, 35" tires

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”