ECU help

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
nsklzemx3

ECU help

Post by nsklzemx3 »

Hi Everyone.
I have a curved neck KLZE that I plan to put in my 93 mx3. I'll probably be adding headers and a CAI but will be using a somewhat restricted (compared to ricer bombs) muffler because I want to keep the car as quiet as possible without sacrificing too much power. The stock ECU that's in my car now has the wrong EPROM for chipping, so I'm on the hunt for an ECU. There is a KL-36 ECU on eBay for $200 but I'm not sure if that's all I need.

My questions are, if I buy a KL-36 ECU off eBay, is it simply plug-and-play into my MX3? Would I still need it modified to reflect the slight change in air-flow and/or are there any other changes I would have to make to the ECU or wiring harness and plugs? I mean....is it THE ECU for that engine, or is it for a DE engine and I'll still need it chipped by Probinator??

Also...can someone suggest a good fitting muffler that will allow better-than-stock flow while keeping things fairly quiet? I'll likely be using 2.5" piping btw.

'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

My Aloha 8.2: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/1981aloha27/Aloha 8.2
Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
nsklzemx3

Re: ECU help

Post by nsklzemx3 »

gee thanks!
'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

My Aloha 8.2: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/1981aloha27/Aloha 8.2
Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
93MX3KLZE-T

Post by 93MX3KLZE-T »

The kl-36 ecu is the right ecu for your motor. The kl-36 ecu comes out of a ze auto in japan. Yes the kl-36 ecu will plug right in your car with no mods. You will not need a probinator chip unless you don't want the 110 mph speed limiter, then you will need it chipped or you will have to cut a wire.

Jeremy
93 MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, T304E ***SOLD***
221.9 whp 219.0 wtq @ 5 psi untuned
13.4 @ 108 mph
NMAK

Post by NMAK »

I also need help with ECU problems... My car turns on its headlights automaticaly at night when no key is on and the lights are set in the off postion, there is no power set to my deck, the person I bought my car off of was a mechinic and told me it was the ECU.

I own a 96 MX-3 at 4cyl, I just bought a new ECU for it (96 4cl at) stock part... How do I swap these, I've never done anything like this before so all the advice possible would be great!

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”