No Diagnostic Output.. ??? KLZE Stalling at 3k rpm

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wilko33

No Diagnostic Output.. ??? KLZE Stalling at 3k rpm

Post by wilko33 »

my car is in the garage for its stalling problem

car was accelerating to around 3k rpm then stalling as if the rev limiter had been hit or the fuel mix just completely went wrong, but only under load. Been trying to do research into this and have a look around and come up with a few ideas. Any more are welcome.

Problem is the dash board has no hole for the light for the engine codes to flash up. My mechanis has tried to bridge the diagnostics port in the engine bay but cannot get any readings out of it so is finding it hard to source a problem

Any ideas?? How should this be done, and is there any other way of looking for codes out of this port??? Ideas on the stalling problem are also welcome!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Check out the faq pages. What ecu? remember that the ze ecu wont have a cel for codes. You nbeed to use a led light to get the codes.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

The UK versions of the MX-3 don't have CELs.
No more MX-3.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ohhhhh they use leds?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

One easy thing to check would be if you have a rip in your air intake tubes. The hoses between the throttle body and air filter.

It is possible that when you give the car gas, the motor tilts just enough at around 3000 rpm that it spreads the rip open (if after the vaf) and lets in un-metered air, causing the car to stall.

Just a thought, and easy to check.

Also there is known issues with the distributor dying. Which has a similar symptom to what you describe. Only that it is not always consistent.

I have had both of these problems in the past, and they both will make your car not run at times.

Has your ze ever ran perfect? Or have you just installed the ze and it has this issue from day 1?
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
wilko33

Post by wilko33 »

the car ran fine whilst running on the original k8 ECU for around 6 weeks after conversion. I swapped over the ECU's to a KL31 and around 2 weeks later I found problems.

Looking into the dizzy now, I'm told the dizzy is the part which holds the rev limiter in?? if the dizzy is faulty then this would make sense so trying to find another dizzy from a v6 mazda. Used the dizzy from my old engine so I know it worked before hand

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”