maf options

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
nickmx3

maf options

Post by nickmx3 »

I have read that an rx7 maf from the n/a version can work on bps but what options do I have for a bpt using the bpt harness ecu and where can i find a replacement
1995 J-Spec Az3, BPT swap, mazda speed eibach springs, mazda speed swaybars, mazda speed exhaust, mazda speed shock tower bar, mazda speed bodykit, sr shocks, disk-brakes all around,turbox boost controler, honda del sol act pressure plate, fmic 20x12x3
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

I have heard that the rx7 n/a and rx7 turbo second generation maf sesnsor can be used on the bp
Is this true if not what exactly can i use to replace my maf and what vehicle and year is it
1995 J-Spec Az3, BPT swap, mazda speed eibach springs, mazda speed swaybars, mazda speed exhaust, mazda speed shock tower bar, mazda speed bodykit, sr shocks, disk-brakes all around,turbox boost controler, honda del sol act pressure plate, fmic 20x12x3
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

what about the protege lx airflow meter can this work
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

I've never understood the point of the rx7 swap. The thing is bigger and supposedly flows better, but it's still a trap door which is restrictive and it's a pain to have to retune it to work with anything other than an rx7. If you really are into changing it out get a map or at least a newer hotwire and use an afc to adapt it.
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

Am changing mine because it isnt working properly so I need to know what replacement there is that can work and from what cars.
Cy

Post by Cy »

Go MAP....
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

how do i convert to map sensor setup
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

the rx7 will work with out any change to it, but will run hella rich. ive been using it simply because you cant find a BPT MAF anywhere
its not just because its a bigger opening, but it sends for more fuel for the amount of air....because its from a rotary....and they suck gas like its goin out of style, so if you dont mess with it itll run rich, i havent adjusted mine because i dont really know how to
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

how long have u been using it, running too rich can affect the life of your engine have it adjusted because too much fuel will affect the power you make.

Return to “Forced Induction”