I think i am going to get ripped off on ebay, any advice?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

I think i am going to get ripped off on ebay, any advice?

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Well I recently purchased this CAI
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 492&rd=1,1

I have contacted the seller asking when I should recieve it, 2 emails later, no respond.
My first email was sent on Saturday and last one was yesterday.
Still no respond
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
precidian

Post by precidian »

Check the help and FAQ section eBay. They have all the answers you are looking for.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

probably, look at how many negative feedbacks he has!!!
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hharb

Post by hharb »

ok, i actually took the time and checked the seller profile, he seems to be very good, however some ppl did not receive their items, and some complained about the lack of communication. in any case you should realize that you are fully covered by paypal and ebay, i suggest u send a few emails, and wait a good week or two, if the item does not show up u could report the seller through paypal or ebay and get your money back eventually, you can also give the seller negative feedback.. some sellers have bad communication skills, i suggest you wait before making any assumptions... goodluck
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I freaking get ripped off I swear I will murder this f----n guy

He has like 99% positive feedback
.9% at bad

Its my fault for being new to Ebay
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
hharb

Post by hharb »

lol, chill man, worst case scenario u will get ur money back... just wait and relax + the whole thing is like 30$... some ppl get ripped off for hundreds, just wait man, i'm sure ull get either the product or your money back.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

LOL
Ah man, wooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I been looking at my messages on Ebay, no messages

Then I look in my GMail address and guess what...
I get my tracking number from him
Such a relief

Right now I was so pissed off before this
I thought to myself, "damn, I am going to be too pissed off to go to work tomorrow"

Ahh man such a relief :D
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
bubsy83

ebay ripoff

Post by bubsy83 »

Considering it is Christmas time, shipping will most likely be delayed as well. Just don't let this go past 30 days, I believe that is the cutoff for ebay and paypal to help you recover your $$$ which is not cool in my opinion. I was ripped off on a B C Rich Warlock electric guitar a few years back when I was newer to ebay and I was basically outta luck for over $100 US. :x
My other advice about ebay Is make sure you know how much shipping is going to be before bidding 'cause some sellers like to hike the shipping cost to offset the low final auction bids.
I would give him a week for a response but I would be polite in the emails. You can also request the seller's personal info from ebay to get their phone number and give them a call if you want to get some peace of mind. Good luck...Barb
bubsy83

ebay ripoff

Post by bubsy83 »

Now I see that you have a tracking number, that is great, glad you aren't in the ripped off category!!! :D
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

those big sellers dont even bother to reply to emails or send tracking info even a lot of times. the package jsut shows up. if the guy has good feedback and i paid through paypal, i sit around for a week before getting worked up.

**oh and and getting a response over the weekend is super rare
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Juan,

Please let us know about the quality of the intake. I find it difficult to believe in a $20.00 intake -- it is just too inexpensive. Heck, a paper Fram airfilter for an mx-3 costs $20.00. Your package costs you $39.00 and has aluminum tubes, filter (cotton wan not specified), couplers, bands and miscellaneous parts. Thats a very cheap price. Please let us know about it's quality.

I just can't see how they can offer a great product as such an inexpensive price.

Eric
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

They can afford it because they get the products direct from the factories at factory direct prices and sell hundreds of products a month.
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

relax dude. Ive lost much more than $30. Losing a friend is worse than losing money. I had both happen to me. Life must go on. Anyways if you're covered under paypal they'll refund your money
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Ok, thanks for the advice

I think the intake will turn out good considering other Integra intakes that were recomended to me were about just $10 more.
Well I hope
I'll let you guys know
I'll install the intake whenever I can

As for the Intake itself, I got a feeling its not going to be cotton, I'm not sure
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm did imention i used the mx6 v6 intake ? lol it fit perfectly when I chopped and turned one elbow arounf. looks like the integra one.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”