A true CAI

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dewthis

A true CAI

Post by dewthis »

Here's a pic of my CAI. Let me know what you think. From the engine bay.

From the front.
65 shot > V8
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Nice looking engine bay! Better hope you do not suck up any water!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

I've Had my CAI going down there for quite a while and have never had any adverse effects in any weather; however, I did get 34mpg on my K8 with a KL-DE in the trunk and a tranny and a passenger. It was also raining.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

How do you have your rear (1, 3, 5) wires set up? I'm assuming that they're pulled to the back and under the intake hose, right? Very clean set up. :2thumbsup:
'93 GS, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ECU, B&M STS, complete SRD shifter bushings, mx-6 clutch, ZX2 struts, Apex springs... and building...
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

thats exacly where i have my cai, i can achieve 30 mpg IF i drive her normal ... lol
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

She only gets driven in good weather.

[/quote]How do you have your rear (1, 3, 5) wires set up?

I think it looks cleaner.
65 shot > V8
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

wow very clean...i like that jdm bumper... time to paint it though....but over all ......very clean
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:wow very clean...i like that jdm bumper... time to paint it though....but over all ......very clean
Thats a Pak bumper, the one that looks like a fish
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

That is one beautiful clean laid out engine bay dewthis. Nice!
Image -Jim
Red Rocket

Post by Red Rocket »

Really sorry about jumping in like this, and I'm sure its a very nice cai, however I cant see it, never can, and before I get flamed I asked this question in the appropriate forum and got no response, so maybe someone else has had this issue and could point me in the right direction with my settings. :oops:
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I got a really stupid question and dont mean to hijack this thread

I went to Autozone and was about to get a K&N filter but I noticed they are in different sizes. Some are longer then others, others are really short

I know the piping diameter for our cars should be about 2.25 inches for a CAI. However, does the zine of the CAI intake itself really matter?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Red Rocket wrote:Really sorry about jumping in like this, and I'm sure its a very nice cai, however I cant see it, never can, and before I get flamed I asked this question in the appropriate forum and got no response, so maybe someone else has had this issue and could point me in the right direction with my settings. :oops:
okay im not sure what your question is .....you cant see the cold air intake (CAI) or you cant see the pic?
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY EVER UNDO THE ONE LITTLE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREW AND TAKE THAT NASTY BRACKET OFF YOUR VAF
2006 best ET 14.43 @ 96.9mph
93 MX-3 GS-95 Curveneck klze, kl-01 cammed,homemade CAI,HEI module, chipped kl-07 ECU,UDP,KYB GR-2 struts,DropZone lowering springs, Toyo Proxes 4's 205-50-r15
parts to be installed:Turbo hot pipes,T04E/t3 50/63 57 trim, ssqv BOV, hks style 38mm wastegate
the rest of my turbo set up and IPP hp rebuild kit is in the NEAR future
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

lol that vaf bracket was the first thing I took off. As far as the install goes that looks great and as long as there is no water near there it's a good idea. Now the engine bay itself looks great good job.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”