suspension question

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

suspension question

Post by Jovian2k »

I have a 93 RS, I just got new 16x7 Konig Heliums with 205/45/16 tires and am planning to do some ZX2 Struts and Eibach springs soon. I am wondering if I will have any rubbing issues since the struts and springs will lower the car a decent amount. I am concerned since I have larger, wider wheels now and want to make sure before I buy the parts.
Has anybody used the ZX2 struts/Eibach setup on their car with larger aftermarket wheels?? Thanks
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

It shouldn't. But if worse comes to worse, you can use wheel spacers to get your clearance if you do run into an issue. The backspace of your wheels is more critical than the 7" width.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

jovian what is the offset and width of your wheels?? it is the only way to determine if it will rub. both numbers are necessary because one is useless without the other
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

The wheels are 7 inches wide and have a 40mm offset
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You will be fine. I run 7.5" wide wheels and they don't rub. (awefully close, but not.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”