transmission shift stabalazer bolt

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
GreenMachine

transmission shift stabalazer bolt

Post by GreenMachine »

I think i addressed the topic right, the shift stabalizer that actually bolts to the transmission, but stays completley stationary. I just need to know what bolt goes to hold this on. in this diagram i have highlighted the piece i am talking about but it looks like a nut in the picture and there is not stud on the transmission that i can see to attach it to. Does anyone know the thread pitch in there? nut or bolt holding it on? Is it a specific bolt/nut or will any similar sized metric bolt work in there? any help is greatly appriciated.

sorry picture is so small
GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine »

scratch that, found out transmission case bolt is same size, screwed it in and it works :roll:
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Thats normally a stud.

But yeah theres a few thread patterns and sizes used for the whole car, so bolts can get moved around just fine. It makes things nice to not have a ton of different ones.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”