klze is in but throttle is in he way.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
oh-hell

klze is in but throttle is in he way.

Post by oh-hell »

from everything ive read so far the klze is supposed to go it mo prob. now that i have it siting in the mx3 the throttle body will NOT clear the brake resivor. what is everyone else doing to fix his problem???
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

which intake manifold are you using?
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: klze is in but throttle is in he way.

Post by jschrauwen »

oh-hell wrote:from everything ive read so far the klze is supposed to go it mo prob. now that i have it siting in the mx3 the throttle body will NOT clear the brake resivor. what is everyone else doing to fix his problem???
That everything you read was obviously not enough. Since you haven't complete your profile to the max anyone that answers this Q of yours will have to assume that you're in North America or drive a LHD MX. That said, the issue with the brake reservoir and the TB only comes into play when you get the MS8 ZE engine and not the Eunos800 ZE engine. This must be the 4th time I've posted this in 2 weeks. The MS8 ZE usues the straight neck (aka Long Neck) IM and has issues with bumping up against the brake master cylinder. Most LHD MX's opt for the Millennia IM for the ZE engine. But hey, had you sourced the Eunos800 ZE (J-Spec Millennia) it has the curved neck IM and there are no clearance issues to contend with. I made posts today and yesterday about this and this is well documented in numerous posts that are retrievable via a search function.
All is not lost for there are a select few that seem to have negotiated that obstacle. If Patdiesel is kind enough to divulge his secret, you may be in luck. cheers,
John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Or just buy a Millinia manifold.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

ok i see. actually i bought this engine for my ford probe and it fit fine. not until i bought a second mx3 that needed an engine and decided to use my ze did i discover my new problem. as for the milienea what years should i be looking for and i understand the engine is a 2.3. is that true??
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

No that is the supercharged version, you are looking for the JDM Millenia manifold (MS8) I believe, try the for sale forum here, there are some ppl selling em
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

actually you'd have better luck on probetalk getting that IM all probe guys want the straight neck ZE IM so they will typically trade straight up curve neck for a straight neck
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

are you saying to use the stock im from the 2.5 or 1.8??
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

use the 2.5 manifold with a curved neck (I think it comes from an MS8) or you can use the US Millenia that came with the 2.5. They both have curved necks.

This
or
This
or
This

will all serve your purpose
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

ok i have the old short neck IM from my original klde but how bad will it hurt the preformance of my engine? also just fyi im adding a turbo, will i be better off gutting the IM ?? also if i do i just disconect the vaccume lines and leave all the wiring just unplugged ??
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I won't tell how I did mine. Flam e all you want...

You should try and get a curved neck ZE manifold. They flow a bit better. A DE manifold will work, but from most I've seen you loose about 10 WHP. You could port match the DE intake to the ZE head and get a much better flow and probably not loose much if any HP.

As for boost and VRIS. You need to take the VRIS completely out, then plug the holes it leaves in the intake (just a few very small ones)
Otherwise the plates will bock airflow and you get less HP. Also, I've always worried that something will come loose and get sucked down stream. (probably wouldn't, but I'm the kind who would do it just b/c it saves my worrying)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

hey thanks dude, but im still courious,,, if i port my IM at the head wont the insides of the IM or a least what you can see be just as resrictive? sounds to me like its going to be resrictive no mater what with the stock de IM. porting the last 3 inches cant help that much.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

i figured how to get the straight neck but i dont have a ze so bleh
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

Oh-hell, here's how I fit the straight neck! Read my post, it's the last one
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=50227
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”