Rad? Waterpump?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jbruynson

Rad? Waterpump?

Post by jbruynson »

I've always had coolant problems. The overflow has never held coolant. Despite everything being pressure tested and its all supposively good.

But my car finally overheated and wouldn't start back up. I dumped a bunch of coolant in after letting it cool off. It was like a funnel, right through the engine onto the street lol...

Any clue what it would be exactly? Expensive fix? Wasn't expecting another problem before swapping, but I still need to drive me car right now.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Could possibly be a busted hose if its 'gushing' out.
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Get under your car and see where its coming from. Than post back on here which part it leaking. It is impossible for us to tell you where your car is leaking from over the internet without even seeing the car.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Sounds like either the rad has sprung a leak or the lower rad hose is cracked (more likely scenario) if you're seeing coolant literally come out underneath as you pour it in there.
Image -Jim
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

my top hose split after a few years they become really soft though for a hose they are quite expensive over here from mazda.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

When your done driving your car and you park it. Can you hear a *tick* *tick* *tick* kind of sound?
That can mean its leaking coolant. Look at the ground, see if you see any water on there
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
jbruynson

Post by jbruynson »

it was the waterpump, thanks guys

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”