Axles

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ManiacMx3

Axles

Post by ManiacMx3 »

Hey guys i am in the process of ordering the klze for my car. i wanted to know how much success anyone has had with leaving the stock axles in and if they did snap the axles where is the best place to get some upgraded axles that will fit the mx3. If anyone has any information let me know thanks guys. I was also wondering where i can get a good stage 2 clutch kit for the klze motor because i would like to replace that also. Thanks.
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

I can't help you with axles but people seem to really like the act stage 2 clutch. I personally like the centerforce dual friction and i found it cheaper than the act. it was about 320 CDN.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

georgechicken

Post by georgechicken »

I have used standard axles on all of the ZE swaps I've done, and no problems yet. I'm sure that a standard build axle (i.e. Autozone quality) is good for probably at least 250 WHP, maybe more. Good luck!

Daniel
--Maybe the Hippopotamus was just a really cool Apotamus.--
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

I havent had a problem with stock axles and I have a KLDE turbo. You should be fine.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Just get some axles with a lifetime warranty. The clutch masters stage 3 is a real good clutch and if you got the extra money get the fidanza flywheel with it to off of http://www.rr-racing.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”