B6T?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
vtmx3

B6T?

Post by vtmx3 »

Ok I'm not getting much help from the forced induction forum. Maybe you can help me? I have heared about using the 323 turbo header on the dohc rs engine this is something I would like to do.

What is the deal with this whole thing? Is this for real? Where can I go about finding the parts I would need?
Has anyone done this that could give me some detailed instructions?
I would really appreciate it, Thanks
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: B6T?

Post by monty73741 »

[quote="vtmx3"]

Ur gonna need a
manifold
turbo
rising rate fuel pressure regulator
intercooler(if u want higher boost)
an piggy back or ecu for car
fuel pump
various piping
gauges
custom Down pipe
exhaust
BOV
oil lines
water lines
fittings
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... ight=turbo
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
torpedan

Re: B6T?

Post by torpedan »

vtmx3 wrote:

Ok I'm not getting much help from the forced induction forum. Maybe you can help me? I have heared about using the 323 turbo header on the dohc rs engine this is something I would like to do.

What is the deal with this whole thing? Is this for real? Where can I go about finding the parts I would need?
Has anyone done this that could give me some detailed instructions?
I would really appreciate it, Thanks
What specifically would you like to know?

The deal? Its possible to swap the turbo manifold as opposed to haveing a custom one made.

Junkyards, Maybe even Mazda can source out parts. Sometimes corksport can too pending how motivated they are. Mazda would be cheaper though than corksport.

INstructions? Do a lot of research this can infolve custom Fabtircation work and isnt for the mild minded.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
vtmx3

thanks

Post by vtmx3 »

hey thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I have been doing quite alot of reserch in general on turbo's and I'm thinking that I could possibly see this mod in the neer future. I tried to look in a salvage yard today but they closed due to a big storm we got up here in Vermont. I'm going to do some more looking on the web to see what I come up with for facts on installs that have been done like this.

Thanks
torpedan

Re: thanks

Post by torpedan »

vtmx3 wrote:hey thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I have been doing quite alot of reserch in general on turbo's and I'm thinking that I could possibly see this mod in the neer future. I tried to look in a salvage yard today but they closed due to a big storm we got up here in Vermont. I'm going to do some more looking on the web to see what I come up with for facts on installs that have been done like this.

Thanks
Be sure to check out the FAQS. They have some information that can be helpful.

Salavgae yards are very hit and miss. A lot of turbos you will find need rebuilds, although you can do it yoruself for a resonable sum as well. If you have any specific questions feel free to shoot me a PM or contact me on aim.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”