ebay altezzas

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Jon_Carnie

ebay altezzas

Post by Jon_Carnie »

i was wondering if any of the people who have bought there altezzas off ebay have had any troubles with them leaking, i bought mine off of ebay a while ago and the right side leaks, and i have tried resealing it twice and it didn't work either time, i was thinkin about just buying another set off ebay, but don't want to if they are just going to give me more trouble, any imput?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: ebay altezzas

Post by Mnemonic »

buy you a new set them have them clear coated that will seal up any leaks
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Originally posted by Mnemonic:
buy you a new set them have them clear coated that will seal up any leaks
What?? Brian?? Are you smoking crack again?? LOL.

NO, Jon-- You may have missed a connection point when you were sealing them. I think there are 6 for each light. They are little tabs. Put some RTV (I think) sealant on each one, and be sure that it covers the whole area. Its water tight and weather-proof.

I have had mine sealed now for many months-- with no problems!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Jon_Carnie

Post by Jon_Carnie »

so just seal around the tabs? alright sounds good, i'll give it a try, thanks alot
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

I had the same problem with mine, strangeley enough on the right had side too. So I took them off and put them in a warm place until the water had evaporated. I then sealed the 6 points on top of the lights with clear silicon. And put them on again. Only to have them leak again. I then took them off again and relised I also had to seal along the top front of them. Its a small gap which lets in water all the time. I put them on again in the dark while it was cold. And oh yes managed to crack the one on the righthand side. :crying: GUTTED. So im ordering a black set now which im going to take my time on.
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

mine did the same from pakfiefer
pipes

Post by pipes »

Got mine from EBAY.. (fusionmotorsports)
Have not had a single issue with them..
Sounds like it is hit and miss..
Jon_Carnie

Post by Jon_Carnie »

yea it really does seem to be hit and miss, but from what i've heard its mostly the right hand side that leaks, i guess i'll take my chances with another set, and seal those 6 tabs on them before i put them on the car...
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

I have one of the first ones made by Pakfeifer, from the first group buy done by Oscar.

Mine didn't leak until just recently, so that means they've lasted about one year and a couple months before they started to leak.

First it was the passenger side, then the driver's side a few weeks later.

I just took the lenses off and re-sealed them properly. More to the point of over-sealing to make sure. No problems now.
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”