Headlights

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Headlights

Post by Ricksmx3 »

I finally got around to cleaning my headlights and wow they look so much better. I took magnaflow's advice in the apperance faq and went out and got Blue Magic plastic and plexiglass polish. It only took like five minutes a piece and now they look like glass.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
mdavis

Re: Headlights

Post by mdavis »

Mine always get fuzzy again in like a week... am I missing something?
GS-R SE
Fixin's
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

It has been a litle over a week for me and they still look pefectly clear. What are u using?
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i use blue magic, i have to redo mine every 2 weeks or so
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

same here, every couple of weeks i touch em up, not cuz they get bad. but if i stand in a certain light at at certain angle i'll see it comming back...or something...so i hit em again!
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

I'm wondering if there is some sort of hard-coat you can apply after polishing to help preserve it...
GS-R SE
Fixin's
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

I dont know i guess i just have to wait longer and see if they start to get foggy again.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

GE Advanced Materials Hardcoat: AS4700

It's what is used on all of the new polycarb lens from automakers these days. Now that school is starting, I have more free time, I might take apart my headlight and re-hardcoat them to see how it turns out.

The reason that it turns yellow faster for some of you depends on the amount of UV that your car sees. If you are in the shade a lot, or park indoors, the polish effect will probably last longer.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”