Lots of questions...

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
zevirii

Lots of questions...

Post by zevirii »

Ok guys... I just bought a 1993 Mx-3 V6.<P>1. How much HP does it have stock?<BR>2. What can I do to it to make it much more powerful for total of $500 or less?<BR>3. What is the best Exhaust?<BR>4. What is the best Air Intake?<BR>5. Best Tires & rims size?<BR>6. What are all these engine types you guys are talking about? KZE ZKe or what ever the heck they are?<P>Thanks guys...
torpedan

Re: Lots of questions...

Post by torpedan »

I suggest you do some digging in the teq form for the v6.. :roll:
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

yah, sorry bro, but definetely search the forums....<P>I'll start you out, you have 130 hp and 115 torque<P>500 bucks or less? A PRM intake (http://www.prmracing.com), and a cat back exhaust. pick up a nice dual 3" muffler, or a 4", and get some 2.25-2.5" custom piping done...(midas?)<P>The KlZE engine is awesome, just use the search function on this board and type KLZE and you will get a plethora of information...way too much for me to type and more than I can remember...<P>later...
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killerpickle:<BR><STRONG>yah, sorry bro, but definetely search the forums....<P>I'll start you out, you have 130 hp and 115 torque<P>500 bucks or less? A PRM intake (http://www.prmracing.com), and a cat back exhaust. pick up a nice dual 3" muffler, or a 4", and get some 2.25-2.5" custom piping done...(midas?)<P>The KlZE engine is awesome, just use the search function on this board and type KLZE and you will get a plethora of information...way too much for me to type and more than I can remember...<P>later...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That exhaust piping diameter is WAY TOO BIG.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
majicmike

Post by majicmike »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zevirii:<BR><STRONG>Ok guys... I just bought a 1993 Mx-3 V6.<P>1. How much HP does it have stock?<BR>2. What can I do to it to make it much more powerful for total of $500 or less?<BR>3. What is the best Exhaust?<BR>4. What is the best Air Intake?<BR>5. Best Tires & rims size?<BR>6. What are all these engine types you guys are talking about? KZE ZKe or what ever the heck they are?<P>Thanks guys...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>bosch plus four plugs/nology wires/high volt coil/cold air intake/exaust/and high octaine fuel can get you started.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

I was looking at the Catback exhaust from pacesetter... Is this a good one that will make my car sound like that supra in fast and furious? I will look into the intake thx... I have read almost every measage on this board in 3 days, but am still looking for these answers..hehe I want to make the most of this V6 that is in there.. Thx again guys.. What is the standard size of piping in the v6 mx-3 now?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

pacesetter sounds like the stock GS exhaust.. maybe a smidge louder
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by majicmike:<BR><STRONG>bosch plus four plugs/nology wires/high volt coil/cold air intake/exaust/and high octaine fuel can get you started.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>get you started on becoming slower.<P>Bosch +4s are a waste, they decrease power<BR>wires dont add power<BR>you dont need to play with the coil unless youre mis-firing<BR>high octane fuel with stock timing = less power
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P>get you started on becoming slower.<P>Bosch +4s are a waste, they decrease power<BR>wires dont add power<BR>you dont need to play with the coil unless youre mis-firing<BR>high octane fuel with stock timing = less power</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>OMG!bosch platinum+4 plugs decrease power?thats what i have...what plugs should i get then?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Those are just fine. But Id sugegst NGK's.<P>And I dont see how 2-2.5" exhaust is way 2 big. You argue with Vaughn about that one.<BR>I woudnt get Anything but 2.25" with a GS, and 2" with an RS that has the stock motor.<p>[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Ok guys this is what I got so far... Not sure if it is all good, but I will see when I install it all on my Mx-3 that I pick up on tuesday.. The following is what I ordered:<P>Rims:<BR>ASA KA3 Silver w/machined lip 17x7<P>Wheels:<BR>Yokohama Parada Spec-2 205/40-17<P>Exhaust:<BR>PowerTech DTM Muffler 1003<P>Intake:<BR>HKS Super Mega Flow Intake <P>Paint Job:<BR>Econo body and Paint<P>Tint:<BR>Silver Mirrored tint(not sure what it is called)<P>Anything else I should get? :) :) :)
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

some ngk gpower's maybe?<P>Oh, about the exhaust piping comment. The way I look at it, is that its better to get 2.25 0r 2.5 just incase you end up with a klze or turbo, then you dont have to go out and replace the whole exhaust. Im not expert though :)
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P>That exhaust piping diameter is WAY TOO BIG.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey, you should go post that garbage on Probetalk, they love to debate the issue "Is backpressure good or evil?" :D
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pelado:<BR><STRONG><P>Hey, you should go post that garbage on Probetalk, they love to debate the issue "Is backpressure good or evil?" :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>If you can "debate" it, then you need to learn many things. There is a VERY simple answer.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

the best plugs r dealer (mazda) plugs..they r meant for the car, ie exact resistance, heat dissipation u name it..<BR>later

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”