my built engine

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
goldsberry1

my built engine

Post by goldsberry1 »

i'm so excited. my built engine came in today. it has forged piston and rods. and is the cleanest thing i've ever seen. i'm going to start puting it in this weekend. cant wait to get pictures for everyone. i bought it already built for 1800 from a guy from probetalk. just got to get my heads ported and the turbo on. cant wait.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: my built engine

Post by babyblueMX3 »

whoa can't wait to see that too..

you know what brand the pistons and rod are ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

if i rememeber correctly the pistons a weisco and the rods are from a millenia s. it came already built with a high flow oil pump in. completly assembled. just needs heads, timeing belt, cams and covers to run.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

are the rods new or reconditioned? what bearings did he use?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

not sure about the bearings, but the rods were used if i could get on probetalk from here i would post a link. its new pistons in the stock bore. only like 60k on lower end before the new pistons. looks like the cylinders were honed. he said that there was new bearings through out the engine. does anyone know how to preoil the engine. like to spin the oil pump until the oil gets through the engine before i start it?
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I was talking to a guy yesterday while my friend and I were swapping in a GOlf engine into his Rabbit and the guy said that he usually takes the plugs out and just hand cranks it untilt he oil filter is filled and the block is all oiled. It takes 10-15 mins but is way good on your engine. Starting it right up could ruin a lot of stuff....
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

would like to see some dyno runs
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

10-15 mins?!!?!? i thought it was 10 -15 seconds
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Originally posted by goldy1:
does anyone know how to preoil the engine. like to spin the oil pump until the oil gets through the engine before i start it?
Just spin the crank, the Oil Pump is on the front of the crank, I assume he used assembly lube when putting it together. Before you start it up for the first time I would recommend taking out the plugs, yanking the fuel relays, and hitting the starter for 7-10 seconds. Don't go longer then that, you don't want you lower your battery too much or cook your starter.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L

Return to “Forced Induction”