APEXI Super-AFC's Correct Sensor Settings

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Jesse

Re: APEXI Super-AFC's Correct Sensor Settings

Post by Jesse »

I just bought one and I hope to first know what you guys are talking about (5 5, 7 7)and then learn how to put it in. How long does it take to wire in and did you do it yourself?
ocorzous

Post by ocorzous »

Yes you can, by using a map sensor to provide the voltage it would normally see from the TPS.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tyranos The Great:<BR><STRONG>Ah, thats what I thought (wot only). Sucks. I wonder if its possible to somehow get a throttle position based voltage signal to the SAFC.... oh thanks for the fast reply! lol<P>Shikyi</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
93 EGT Turbo
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

a map sensor is the best thing to use, but will the ecu be able to read the input from it? how would you connect it so it would work?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

the ecu would not have to read it. you can power it up on a seperate curcuit and make sure the output parameters are what u want and feed that signal to the super afc. you will get the signal you want in map sensor form without bringing the ecu into the picture. but... you have to make sure that the voltage that u are getting only go up to what the tps puts out at wot. and no lower than what it puts out at idle. im sure there is more to this you'll have to find out the specific voltages and ranges of the map sensor being used. :D
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

None of you have a dohc right? I am trying to put in my afc and am having a lil trouble. There are two input wires for the maf going to the ecu. I am gonna try and call apexi and see if they can help. These directions suck!!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “Forced Induction”