Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
ray carpart4u

Re: Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

Post by ray carpart4u »

jbud1291 wrote:quick question...the second picture of the black headlight has the halogens on it right? because if so i would also like a halogen set
everything original come with the head light are halogen , HID is an upgrade, halogen already included in the light itself.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Is this the HID kit you guys are using? https://carpart4u.com/x-tune-hid-kit-60 ... 13504.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also: Is it just the low beams that are HID or are the high beams HID as well? I have read alot that high beam HID's require some warm up time (10-20s).
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Is this the HID kit you guys are using? https://carpart4u.com/x-tune-hid-kit-60 ... 13504.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also: Is it just the low beams that are HID or are the high beams HID as well? I have read alot that high beam HID's require some warm up time (10-20s).
low beam and high beam is 2 different sets, so u might need 2 different set to complete the HID HI/LOW set up.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Ya, thats what I'm asking - I guess I didn't ask it right. So if I ordered the HID package, would I be getting BOTH low and high beams w/ HID or is it just low beams? And both of the HID bulbs you are using are D2S, correct?

Now here is where the fitment issues come into play - are you using your own style of connector for the bulbs or is it the standard "D" style - meaning, could I buy an OEM HID bulb (from say a BMW) and put it in, or does it have to be xtune specific.

I am referencing this
"However, most aftermarket HID kit suppliers usually end up making their own sort of connector thus no longer using the oem style D-type connector. Thus that means some HID kits out there that use these different types of connectors, will no longer be able to connecto to a standard D2R or D2S based bulb. They make these kits like that to be universal with their rebased bulbs. If you ever plan on retroing projectors and using oem products, you aftermakret kit balast WILL NOT work and you will either have to replace the ballasts with oem components or be brave and splice in a new plug and oem connector."
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Oooooooh yeah. I am so in for a group buy. I have been waiting for an aftermarket setup for so long. :)

Put me down for a set of the black ones with the HID upgrade @ 6k.
Last edited by nightfire on January 15th, 2009, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Ya, thats what I'm asking - I guess I didn't ask it right. So if I ordered the HID package, would I be getting BOTH low and high beams w/ HID or is it just low beams? And both of the HID bulbs you are using are D2S, correct?

Now here is where the fitment issues come into play - are you using your own style of connector for the bulbs or is it the standard "D" style - meaning, could I buy an OEM HID bulb (from say a BMW) and put it in, or does it have to be xtune specific.

I am referencing this
"However, most aftermarket HID kit suppliers usually end up making their own sort of connector thus no longer using the oem style D-type connector. Thus that means some HID kits out there that use these different types of connectors, will no longer be able to connecto to a standard D2R or D2S based bulb. They make these kits like that to be universal with their rebased bulbs. If you ever plan on retroing projectors and using oem products, you aftermakret kit balast WILL NOT work and you will either have to replace the ballasts with oem components or be brave and splice in a new plug and oem connector."
HID is just for Low beam unless you order 2 sets then you will have high and low, the connect should fit fine and it is using H1 bulbs instead of D2S/D2R, those are for newer projector, the plug for the car should fit fine.
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

1.colinf004 (black , HID) pending 6k or 8k HID.
2.boosted_bullet (chrome, No HID)
3.rekognize (black, 6K HID)
4.colinsmx3(black)
5.Dali(black)
6.taylor_matt (black , 6K HID)
7.jbud1291 (black , 6K HID)
8.havoc13 (Black , 8K HID)
9.nightfire
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Is is possible to plug in any H1 bulb into the socket? This gives us options when the light burns out...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

Flyer wrote:Is is possible to plug in any H1 bulb into the socket? This gives us options when the light burns out...
it came with warranty one year, i will replace the H1 bulb for you if there is any problem.

-ray
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

ray carpart4u wrote:
Flyer wrote:Is is possible to plug in any H1 bulb into the socket? This gives us options when the light burns out...
it came with warranty one year, i will replace the H1 bulb for you if there is any problem.

-ray
I am referring to bulb replacement due to regular wear and tear. All light bulbs eventually will burn out. When this happens, I would like the option of going to a local parts store to pick up a replacement H1 bulb as opposed to having to order a specialized one becuase the base has been modified.
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

Flyer wrote:
ray carpart4u wrote:

-ray
I am referring to bulb replacement due to regular wear and tear. All light bulbs eventually will burn out. When this happens, I would like the option of going to a local parts store to pick up a replacement H1 bulb as opposed to having to order a specialized one becuase the base has been modified.
H1 halogen light bulbs are always available in any local auto store.
trbohatch

Post by trbohatch »

I have a kinda dumb question what is the diffence in the 8k and the 6k. in the HID. I would like the light to look like the bmw with the bright blue, and not the ghetto blue.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

trbohatch wrote:I have a kinda dumb question what is the diffence in the 8k and the 6k. in the HID. I would like the light to look like the bmw with the bright blue, and not the ghetto blue.
the number refers to the colour temperature of the bulb. The higher the number, the more blue the light appears. However, the actual light output decreases as the colour temperature increases. Visually, it may appear brighter and more blue, but the light output is lower. Do not forget, if it is too blue, you may get pulled over, since it is "officer discretion" (I know I've abused that a few times myself when working). Ideally, you would want 4100 K, as that is pretty close to daylight white. Personally, I think that 6000 K would be enough to suit your needs. Below are comparsion of different colour temperatures:

http://www.meccaone.org/images/hid-chart.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.vvme.com/modern/pic_colortemps.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/buy-sel ... ost1452511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As to the HID kit, as long as I can replace the H1 bulb on, I am definately in for a set of black HID with 6000 K bulbs, again, provided there is a solution to the DRL problem...however, based on what I have read, I believe it would be possible to wire the LED up to act as the DRL (legal in Ontario). Hopefully, someone could come up with the wiring diagram for the DRLs in our Canadian counterpart cars, since I do not recall seeing it in the service manual.
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

Any pictures of the black headlights (final project) installed? Thanks
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

Jovian2k wrote:Any pictures of the black headlights (final project) installed? Thanks
+1

Return to “Appearance”