for tall people.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
NorCalMX3

Post by NorCalMX3 »

i tend to chauffeur all my tall friends around cuz those deadbeats don't have cars, and they hate cramming in the back.

I'm about 6"1', but i haven't really had a time getting in. as far as the shifter, i got a little lucky, because when i did my tranny swap, i kinda screwed up on the linkages and they're now further back too.
1992 MX-3 GS:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2607936
1995 Honda Del Sol (Current Main until KL-ZE Swap):
http://teamsolcal.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=20662
teribble

Post by teribble »

Yah i'm 6'1 and it sucks getting in & out! i was thinking about trying to lower the seat. like cut it and make a new mount. not use yet im still looking into it.
se7en

Post by se7en »

I hear ya! I think that I am going to move my seat bracket around also.

I don't know how you tall people with stock shifter locations can even drive this car normally! I highly recommend moving the shifter back about 3 inches, then you can lean back against the seat while you drive. And believe me, I have long gorilla arms too.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Custommx3 wrote:I just lean the seat back :)
"You know you're ghetto" reason # 159
when you recline your car seat so far back you can hardly see, just to get your proper "lean" on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

if you have a MX-3 older than 94, you might also consider getting the 94+ seats, as they sit on the floor.
they're bucket-licious.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
somorecords

Post by somorecords »

lol its a good think im kind of short. when i removed the backseat of my GS and put the sub box back there i had to shift the amps in the back floor board and made it to where you cant slide the seat all the way back, and with that most of my freinds physicaly cant drive this car lol
kab-rst

Post by kab-rst »

i'm 6'1,the seat is all the way back, and i have a cutted short throw.i dont have any problems for the arm lenght,but the seat is angled a lot, wich isint too comfortable after 2-3houres rides.

i like the first gen gs seats(round one) best
96 rs-t mx-3, 12.62@114
u have the Zoom Zoom feeling?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”