Cold air intake possible?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

i just made my cold air intake all you have to do is move the colant overflow tank out of the way and run a pipe and filter down in to the fender. the only hard part is drilling new holes for the overflow tank
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
DaRepoMan73

Post by DaRepoMan73 »

I used a universal cone shaped filter on mine and the made a custom ram air by ducting the air in from the front turn signal holes
92 MX-3 rs(3 of them)
93 Probe GT klze
95 GMC Sonoma 355ci 425hp V-8
reprobation

Post by reprobation »

Yes, the EBay Cold air intake which is made for the SOHC version of our cars WILL work. I did it myself and only takes about an hour or two (depending on how unorganized with your tools you are.. like me! :D )

Also I did fine only using the stuff that came in the box (adapters and what not), but after while i did notice a piece of adapter starting to come off my MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) and bought a new one from AutoZone (2.5" to 3") and used that instead. ever since then it's worked perfectly and sounds friggin awesome...

At home, there's a long stretch of road, if i floor it and get the engine pumping hard around 3500 RPM it sounds like a beast.. always turns heads :P

If you need pictures.. ill be glad to supply some.

-Chris
freakyalien

Post by freakyalien »

pictures would be wonderful...I'm still completely confused as to exactly what I need

I don't want to go spend $150 again and find out I didn't have th right pieces...thats why I'm being cautions, I learned from my mistake.
Vroooom

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”