Turbo in a can....

Off-Topic Discussions
mmonid

Re: Turbo in a can....

Post by mmonid »

I was thinking the same thing, but it is an interesting idea. I still won't buy one, it is not worth blowing up my motor for.
Matthew Monid

1993 MX-3 RS 5-Speed (Sold)/1997 Volvo 850 AWD Turbo 5-Speed
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

this thing won't work....the 125 PSI is very concentrated, this should deplete as soon as you let it out.
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paragon:<BR><STRONG>this thing won't work....the 125 PSI is very concentrated, this should deplete as soon as you let it out.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, but isn't the air controlled? It musn't let all the air out in the same time right?
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

any possible boost would go back out the air filter or waste gate<P>I would just take an oxygen tank from a cutting torch and run it right to the intake<BR>2000psi boost :roll: <P>and don't try that either<P>the only thing I see is a cooler air everything else is B.S. I wasted enough time
13.023 @ 105 mph
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patapouf:<BR><STRONG><P>Yeah, but isn't the air controlled? It musn't let all the air out in the same time right?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>what i was saying is that as soon as the 125 PSI leaves the tiny nozzle, it's practilly gone
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paragon:<BR><STRONG><P>what i was saying is that as soon as the 125 PSI leaves the tiny nozzle, it's practilly gone</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ok, then you refill it! No?
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

pay attention, palofpits...im trying to explain to you why it won't work. i don't want to start an argument. i was saying that as soon as the air leaves the nozzle, it's gone, no effect on the engine. sorry, but it just won't work. it's similar to sticking an electric fan on your intake. so go ahead and get it if you want, i'm sure if it worked, it would be in every honda by now. and hey, why not put a whistle in your muffler to make it sound like you have a BOV while you're at it?
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paragon:<BR><STRONG>pay attention, palofpits...im trying to explain to you why it won't work. i don't want to start an argument. i was saying that as soon as the air leaves the nozzle, it's gone, no effect on the engine. sorry, but it just won't work. it's similar to sticking an electric fan on your intake. so go ahead and get it if you want, i'm sure if it worked, it would be in every honda by now. and hey, why not put a whistle in your muffler to make it sound like you have a BOV while you're at it?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Sheesh! Dont take it too much at heart! I was in no way planning on purchassing it, I just wondered why it wouldn't work to a degree, but now that you actually took the time to actually explain exactly what you meant, people (like me) who do not understand as much get a little educated!<P>And what's this about placing a whistle on my exhaust for a BOV sound? Get a life!<BR> :)
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Since this post is NOT about forced induction, but a worthless gimick....<P><B>Post Moved to Off Topic</B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

my apologies palofpits...i was tired, cranky, and i totally misread your posts. now that i reread them, i see that i was way out of line. my bad dude.
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paragon:<BR><STRONG>my apologies palofpits...i was tired, cranky, and i totally misread your posts. now that i reread them, i see that i was way out of line. my bad dude.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No prob! <P> :)
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Why do people insist on even tinkering with the idea that this crap works?...<P>The fan thing is a marine engine compartment exaust fan. Required in any boat that has an enclosed engine or fuel tanks by USCG maritime regulations. they cost about $60 on the West Marine website. They will NOT improve anything in your engine, esp. at high RPM.s, by the simple fact that they cant turn fast enough & the blades on the impeller are to far apart. Any additional air pressure it may ever make would be able to back-flow past the fan back into the intake. The ONLY use the fans have ever had in automotive applications is to boost the front heater duct output on old VW vans.<BR>If the whole "electric Turbo" idea was anything other than a way for idiots to make money off of bigger idiots, dont y'all think you would have seen them on a production vehicle by now?... Think about it, who ya gonna trust, some jerk with a website that takes 15 minutes to make up on Yahoo, or auto manufacturers with years & billions of $$ in R&D?<P>This turbo in a can is a total crock as well. Actualy, it's a bigger crock. To get any appreciable gains from this, the tank would have to be a few 100 cubic feet in capacity, and have a dump vavle the size of a toilet drain. Basicly, your engine would have to run directly off of the can. Any additional pressure over ambient in the intake will drain back out the filter unless there is a check valve to keep it in there. A small tank like that might give you enuf air to start your engine, then it's gone.<BR>If you like to play with your tire pressures at the track these are great to have, otherwise send me the $100, at least I'll waste it on something useful.<P>There are alot of people out there with free website space making money off kids with high hopes & narrow minds. Get the word out that these are a hoax & do it fast. As for the children that wont listen, well, y'all know where to buy the fans now,... ;)
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Just another update.... For those who really wanna try this idea...LOL... Wal-mart sales the same exact air tank for $16.88 on sale ..LOL!!!!! And if you to lazy to goto Wal-Mart to get one, mail me a check for $100 and I will ship one to ya...ROFLMAO!!!!! :D

Return to “Off-Topic”