mazda

Re: Why did u choose a mx3?

Post by mazda »

it was love at first sight, cause to me its like a rx7 with different syle
chill out
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Well, to be honest, I bought my first MX-3 out of frustration on Jan 18, '01. I'd wrecked my 91 corolla about a month earlier and had been driving a rental Alero in the meantime. Finally the insurance company settled (I got 7K for my 'yota!!)and I been without a car for about 3 days, and I was going nuts. I still only had the 7k, and the car that I originally wanted (98 Tiburon -- I know, i know...) was too much, and I could't find anything else that was small, hatchback, and 5 spd, so when I founf the MX-3, I drove it, decided that it would have to do, and bought it. Turned out the car was a lemon, but it handled really well and after a while I ended up falling inlove with it. So... 8 months later I end up underneath a 98 f150 who's driver missed her turn and slammed on her brakes to try to make the turn. I went without a car for 3 months, and wasn't even planning on buying another car till spring. But, I went out for fun to look at cars and found a Chaste White 96 RS with 60583kms on it for 9k. Where I live, there aren't many of these with under 120ks on 'em, so I took it for a spin (I was gonna buy it anyway, but you know...), put a deposit on it, and came abck the next night after work and picked it up. Been in love ever since. :D
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
macnwigs

Post by macnwigs »

I was in a really bad accident with my Camry, and my insurance company was in the process of trying to screw me...I withdrew all my wife's rrsp money (approx $4000) and went on the net looking for something in that range.<P>I came across a 92 GS locally that was $3500. I went to see it the next day and it turned out that he was mad at his daughter for taking off out west with her boyfriend and he wouldn't finance it. So she said sell my car and he called and got the wholesale value instead of the retail value.<P>The car was mint in and out, certified and emmission tested, with a new set of snows!<P>Now I've got a car that I love and the insurance company ended up giving me a $4000 settlement when all was said and done, so it was like getting it for free!!! :D
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
Manach

Post by Manach »

Stories.. Stories.. Here come mine! :P<P>I wanted a race project. Got a bunch of friends with Eagle Talon, and I wanted to be different. Either mod the old Cavalier, or go into imported. I choose imported.<P>Now, I had my eyes on 2 240sx. Blaze red, year 92, asking lower then 5000$ Canadian. Both was almost identical. Finally got a finance from the bank, and those 2 were gone.. My uncle, which is a automobile dealer in my town told me the 240sx he had was sold about 4-5 days ago. If he knew I wanted one, he would have keep it.. Oh well. <P>After, I saw little to no CRX in my town, and I love the fact those were rare, and was condiderate a distant cousin from the Civic. My cousin had already build a 92 Civic Si, and was mad! that car was fine, and I wanted to repeat history.<P>Now, a week before I was going for a ride to Mtl city, about 6hours from my home, I was coming back from Notre-Dame-Du-Nord. There was a drag event for Trucks. Big Trucks, some running 400hp, or some made for events like that for 600hp! Never saw something strecht like that. <P>But on my way home, about 1h from home, on the corner of a CornerShop, there it was, an Mx-3. I saw some of those in my town, but for sale? I would have to wait for about 4-5 years before that happens! Made a fes phone calls to some friends I had in Rouyn. Told me it was ok, went down to try it myself. And went home with it the next week! There I had my racing project. <P>Now, onto the mod.. Hope you love the little story :)
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

WELP HERE IT GOES<BR>blew the engine in my toyata tercel<BR>loved that car.....bad *** stereo. in it<BR>was looking for a honda civic hatch back 92-95 stick....with a sun roof......<BR>becuase of the reilablity plus no one was trickingout hatches in that year....<BR>but went to the dealer ship saw the 95 took it for a test drive & fell in love with it<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Stan W.

Post by Stan W. »

From 1986 through 1992 I was living in Japan and was amazed what the "locals" were doing with small cars. At that time (and perhaps still now) cars were taxed and registration fees were partially based on engine displacement. So the "locals" bought cars with small engines and then added "goodies" after the sale. My 17-year old son had a Nissan Skyline with twin turbos. Boy that car could fly. It was another car that never made it to the USA. It also was a "babe-magnet." However, according to my wife, I was not suppose to notice. The most tricked-out cars seemed to be Mazda 323s (called "Familia" over there). I soon started to have a distinct respect for Mazda. In 1991, the Eunos Presso (MX-3) was introduced in Japan and was a hit at all the car shows. Needless to say, I wanted one. I knew I was coming back to the USA soon, but was disapointed Mazda did not export that model (at that time). I started paperwork to order a 626 to be waiting for me at Los Angeles. However, when I heard I had to get it with the California smog package I killed that idea. I just relagated myself to the thought I would just wait until I got back stateside to choose an auto. Shortly thereafter Mazda announced they were exporting the MX-3 to the USA. The rest is history. I'm still driving my 1992 MX-3, now with 186,000 miles. I just decided to keep it another 10 years (at least). I just had the front seats redone, new paint (original color), not to mention body work to get rid of 10-years worth of "parking lot dings" in the doors. Because there are so few of them in my area, people keep asking "What kind of new car is that?" I may be an old guy in his mid-50s but I sure love my MX-3.
Stan W.
aqua93

Post by aqua93 »

I needed a car that was affordable, winter-drivable, and looked nice, and as i was flipping through the auto trader with talons and celicas in mind, this little car kept popping up and caught my eye each time. I highlighted each one and went to look at them. I bought the first one I looked at, as soon as he pulled out in front of me and I saw it I knew it was the car for me. Aqua blue, 93 GS 5spd, I couldn't wait to take my new baby home!
~Trisha~
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I was on the internet and came across <A HREF="http://members.tripod.com/mx3gsr/Index.html" TARGET=_blank>Rob's MX-3</A> and when I saw what an MX-3 can look like, I was goin nuts.. So i bought one.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i needed decent car, besides my 4 door 88 civic that barely runs to work, so i decided to get me nice golf, i wanted it bad, but my uncle bought a car from auction that had wrecked front, i went looked at it, sat in it, decided its mine, paid cash, took it and fixed it, now its almost showcar and its my baby forever, cant find one like it around
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

After the brakes failed going down an extremely large hill in my '82 Accord I decided it was time to get a new ride, I looked at a few civic hatchbacks and 1 or 2 beat up Corollas but then noticed an ad at the local gym for a '94 MX-3 for sale with only 55,000 miles on it. Turns out the guy selling it was moving to Germany in a few days and was planning on buying a BMW so he just wanted to get rid of the MX-3. I got an excellent deal on it and it met my requirements of a fuel efficient, reliable car that could get me to an from school and work in (relative) style. I had no idea that people were actually making these little cars fast, I am glad I found this board, its made me realize that my MX-3 has way more potential than I ever knew! :D
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
Psyrg

Post by Psyrg »

I last year I found an MX-3 accidently on a local car yard, and was impressed by the look, handling and the V6. I researched the car for a bit and then found this forum. Knowing that the 2.5L KL-ZE could drop into the car, and that there was a fan site like this I went out and found the best example I could find.<P>I'm still pleased with the purchase, I got it for $7000 NZ ($3500 US) with what appeared to be an honest 60,000kms on the clock.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”