Why did u choose a mx3?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Why did u choose a mx3?

Post by Mnemonic »

Out of all the cars today why did you choose a mx3? looks? power? the fact u dont see tons everywhere, what made u go mx3?<P><BR>For Me it was the rear of the car (sorta strange) but i love the rear end of this car, infact its one of the only hatbacks i like, but i fell in love with her a--
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
dam2009

Re: Why did u choose a mx3?

Post by dam2009 »

well it definitly wasn't the power :D , yeah I liked the way it looks inside & outside... , I got a real good deal on it too,, I didn't think there was so little things you can buy for mx-3
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

cause it was free<BR>and i love it
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project

Post by Guest »

cause i couldnt get a matrix, then i couldnt get a mx-6, thennnnn i finally got my eyes on a mx-3 and was like thats my car!!! so i got it!
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

It fit my budget for a car to commute to college in. And I thought it looked pretty cool, and it wasnt a damn Honda!
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

My love for the MX-3....by Jarid Perry..lol...aannyyways. It all started back in 94 when my girl at the time had a brand new GS. It was beautiful..Five speed, nice set of 16's, factory skirts and a beautiful black paint job. I fell in love. Luckily I could drive it better than she and I was usually the one behind the wheel. Too bad that didnt last long. She turned out to be psycho and there went that love affair..I already had a vehicle at the time but I ended up lunchin the motor on my S10 Blazer tryin to pull a buddy outta the mud. Fast forward to 3/00. Just got a proposal from a beemer dealer to go work for em. I am rollin around town with my 38-inch swamper equipped CJ-5 so I know thats not gonna make it thru my commute each day. One day it happened...as I was cleanin out a box from my past I came across.....My original MX brochure!! The search was on from that day and two weeks later I came across a 94 Blaze Red RS with 50k. Drove all the way to Reno to pick her up. Been havin a blast ever since..God I love this car.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

saw it loved the looks and it fit my budget plus i had never seen one before.
xxxxxroninxxxxx

Post by xxxxxroninxxxxx »

for me it was the challenge, when i got my little pink mx-3(as my buddies would call it)i was harrassed nonstop for weeks by my honda driving friends. question like "what can you possibly do to that piece, it's hideous, it looks like a spaceship"the car was different and the limit to the availability of parts for the car left the mx-3 owner with no other choice but to use his imagination, and imagination is what separates us from the rest of the pack!
<A HREF="http://www.RONINMOTORSPORTS.com" TARGET=_blank>www.RONINMOTORSPORTS.com</A>
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

My Mx3 came from the idea that i had no money, i needed to get down to school somehow.. i was originally looking for a Talon, and in my search i had spotted one in the auto trader, so i went to check it out, and as i approached the dealership, i drove by this Sparkle Green beauty... :D <P>My 7G's bought me a nice car.. plus when i got it it made my buddies jealous in their Honda's when i drove up with the "V6" logo on the back of my car, hehehe<P>gotta love it<P> ;)
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
Shades

Post by Shades »

It was a throw from a '90 Celica or a '96 MX3... around the same price. Loved the look, loved the gas mileage... this message board help me also make a decision.<P>Didn't want no Honda...<P>Want to to be different from all the other people out there... here you always see a riced up Honda... I don't doubt they are good cars, but so are our cars.<P>I did all the research... read all the articles, ie. Lemon-Aid books... seemed to be a pretty sound car.<P>Since there is so little aftermarket stuff to add on after, it gives for more space to be original.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Shadow_Mx-3

Post by Shadow_Mx-3 »

At the time i was in school i had a friend with a black V6 mx-3. I fell in love with the car mostly for it's outside looks.<P>Today that same friend still has his mx-3 and we are part of the same club (club mx-3 of quebec).<P>Feels kinda funny when i think about it and i say to myslef that he was the one who started my love affaire with the mx and that today we are part of the same club and that i have my own.
Jean-François
Now Mazda MP3 2001 Owner
The MX-3 is sold !
Xero

Post by Xero »

I was perusing used car dealers in my town, and wasn't seeing anything clean. My only requirements were that it had to be manual tranny, and under 4000. Found a really clean red mx-3, and came to these boards for some research. I then kinda got obsessed with the mx-3, plotting things to do to it.. etc. We took the red one to our mechanic and it needed all new struts, brakes, clutch, disty and other minor things. I was heartbroken. I searched for cars on the net, and I typed in my requirements, and a Black MX-3 popped up #1 on the list. Serendipity, baby. Looked good, mechanics couldn't fault it and I've owned it for 1.5 months problem free. (except for the 3 minor collisions, none of which were my fault)
-Only Two things are infinite, the universe, and human stupidity; and I am unsure of the former. -Albert Einstein
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

1997 I was looking for my first newer used car going dealership to dealership with my dad. I wanted something sporty looking yet good on gas and small... Was at the last dealership of the day and seen this Black 1994 Mx-3... I was like that car looks cool. We test drove it and the dealer agreed to fix everything that was wrong with it. In 1998 due to lack of performance parts and change in what I really wanted I traded my 1994 black MX-3 in on a 1998 Dodge Ram pickup. One month later I missed my mx-3 so bad, everytime I seen one drive buy I would just day dream away... 4 years later in August of 2002 I was driving home from work and at a local dealership I seen one out there... I went and looked at it and it was a Special Edition fully loaded.. I said screw it I am buying it... One week later I am a mx-3er again... Now I am really fixing this one up.. :D
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

The lines of the car made me melt first time I saw it, so I bought it. I didn't even know of the potential of this car until about 4 months later when I found this place.<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

oh i forgot... i HAD to be different!!<P> :D
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”