Possibly easy fix....?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
95mx3

Possibly easy fix....?

Post by 95mx3 »

quick question... while im at work. haha! since i work 45-50 hrs a week i usually dont have time to mess with alot of things on my car, although i still love it to death haha. my horn stopped working. when i press it there is a clicking sound underneath the dash but no horn sound :crying: ?! i havent had a chance to play with it yet but i was wondering maybe someone else has run across this problem?! no rush, i just hope someone knows this answer?! thanks!
95 Mazda MX-3 DOHC 4cyl.. 17's, Cat Back w/ 4.5in Tip, Custom Int.(CF Bezel,White and Black, 7"AutoMeter Tach, 4 Neons Hit W/ Bass, $375 Kenwood Headunit), $1300 Custom System(Including 2.25Farad Cap. Custom Built Box w/ 2 cut outs for 6x9's, 2 12" Infinity's, 1200w Amp, 4 tweeters. It might not be as fast, but it sure as hell looks and sounds better than a Honda! CF Invert. hood! Primer&Fittin Drift Front and Sides w/ K-Max Rear.
Zim_Zim

Re: Possibly easy fix....?

Post by Zim_Zim »

could be a fuse..maybe.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

if its clicking its not the fuce its the actual horn. Check the connections, if theyre good its most likely the horn itself
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
guyaverage

Post by guyaverage »

The click you are hearing is the horn relay. The horn switch activates an electronic switch (the relay you are hearing) which completes the current to the horn. Check the wires to the horn itself (under the front bumper) and see if they are still connected or if the connectors are corroded.
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

could be the relay itself also...
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
mykel78

Post by mykel78 »

have someone push the horn, while you try to find exactly where it is clicking. Relay or horn itself. the relay may be bad, or the current is finding ground somewhere. Check wiring, it could be as simple as a splice.
If not broke - don't fix, modify. If broke - fix it right, and make it better.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”