Bpt Swap List

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mclaw-mclaren

Bpt Swap List

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

Hey,
I am planning on doing this swap and the garage i am probally going to take it to said they would do it for $1200 CDN but i needed to get the parts etc, my self. So i have been doing research on this site and i have i list which i am going to go by. So can you guys give me some feedback. Oh ya this is just a daily driver, running stock psi or maybe just over.<p>Here we go,<p>- bpt engine
- ecu from 323
- wiring harness from 323
- knock control module
- 90-94 5spd tranny & axels (Need, side tranny mount bracket, along with all other parts if possible like, clutch slave)
- 1.8L DOHC flywheel
- ACT clutch
- fuel pump - from 2nd,3rd generation turbo
- AFC - Only if the ECU is not Japanese
- Boost controller - Manual, less money
- BOV
- Guages - Boost, A/F (EGT) Is this last one necissary
- Intercooler - What size?
- Piping - 2.25"<p>Is this the right stuff to do the swap, and keep it running as a daily driver? Oh ya i know to change belts etc.<p>Thanks, in advance!!!!
Travis
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
mclaw-mclaren

Re: Bpt Swap List

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

anyone?
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Contact me at xnerx@rcn.com or on AIM at mx3TT. I have a gtx harness and ecu for sale :)
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

if you have a electronic speed sensor (94+ models i believe) you will need a speed sensor from a V6 MX-6., or change to the pre-94 guage cluster (i don't think your clock will work if you do this)

P.S. expect to have to buy most of the sensors that come with the motor, they are usually busted to ****. and cap, rotor, wires

<small>[ September 23, 2003, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: ryanlindenberg ]</small>
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

aight, help a fellow out here.
so If i buy a BPT engine and wanna swap, i would need a new gauge cluster. Do they all work with that stupid speedo cable that 4cyl SOHC mx3s have. :confused2:
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

does purchasing the entire front clip of a JDM mazda protege with the chasis code of BG8Z/BG8R sound good. it comes with RADIATOR,TURBO,PIPING, INTERCOOLER,TRANSMISSION,HARNESS, ECU ,COMPLETE HARNESS,IGNITOR,MAF and some other stuff that not listed such as axles and stuff i am guessing.
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Originally posted by kuruption1983:
does purchasing the entire front clip of a JDM mazda protege with the chasis code of BG8Z/BG8R sound good. it comes with RADIATOR,TURBO,PIPING, INTERCOOLER,TRANSMISSION,HARNESS, ECU ,COMPLETE HARNESS,IGNITOR,MAF and some other stuff that not listed such as axles and stuff i am guessing.
Well what you will def need is the tranny, ecu, hanress, MAF. The radiator you can use your stock one and also the intercooler is up to you. If you want to go stock or go with a front mount. But it depends on the price of the front clip compared to what you can buy individually.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”