Help! My RPM's are crazy

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3-Freak

Re: Help! My RPM's are crazy

Post by MX3-Freak »

Sounds to me like the idle problem has hit you all :roll: . Luckily, my car has avoided it as of yet. But Some say attaching a breather filter to the PCV valve will help. Here is a link to the thread where I got this info. Breather FilterGood luck. And if you do this, remember to change the filter when it gets oil clogged :2thumbsup: .

<small>[ February 24, 2004, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: MX3-Freak ]</small>
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

I kinda had the same problem.... when braking the rpms when way low and dimming lights... I checked under the hood and found my battery cable was loose from the terminal , so I tightened it and the problem stopped . Don't know if it will help you guys but it resolved my problem . MyMx-3
MX3KL08

Post by MX3KL08 »

My '94 Mx-3 RS does have the idle and dim light problem but the '92 GS does not have the idle problem. I'll have to check the light dim.
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Hey guys...try running your a/c at a stop light. :idea: Hey anyone want my car $500 with new tranny and water pump!

McKenzie
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
FlyingMXer

Post by FlyingMXer »

yeah, the "breather filter" post tells you all about it. I have a 92 RS and it is so annoying. Lots of people say that the filter helped, but many also say that the car is poorly grounded (that would explain the lights dimming).

Later, D
Later, D
92 4-banger (totaled unfortunately. Current ride is 2001 Mustang GT)
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

i got the same type of problem too, when i got alot of power being used (loud music, heat, and rear defrost) and i come to a stop the RPMs come down to like almost below 250 rpms then it goes back up... it happend today and i didn't even have the heat wasn't on and my music wasn't that loud... idk whats up... but it always (sofar) goes back up to like 500-600 bout to go try a breath filter thing soon i'll have to see if that helps...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”