Help! My RPM's are crazy

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions

Re: Help! My RPM's are crazy

Post by Guest »

Mine does the same thing sometimes. When I'm driving then breaking to a stop, and instead of stopping at about 600 RPMS like its supposed to do, it drops really low and starts to stutter, then goes up to about 600 rpms. Does it about 40% of the time when I come to a stop. I dont know what it is, so if anyone can help us out, thanks :D
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

mine rarely does but ... sometimes yea.. same thing.. i need a tuneup, i'll see if its better after that... i also need a timing belt i think?
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(

Post by Guest »

See, I have a new timing belt. The funny thing is...I had 3 oil leaks fixed end of last summer, after I got it back, thats when all this started happening. We fixed the o-ring seal, valve gasket and the camshaft seal.

Post by Guest »

*bump* Can someone help?
lady_venom

Post by lady_venom »

HI...Im new here, im jessica.
I am having the same problems with my car and its driving me INSANE. Everytime I drive it I want to drive it off the cliff because its soo agonyzing!!!!*@#@&!
Everytime I come to a stop and hit the break pedal..you can literly see it take soo much power away from the car that the lights dim, and the rpms just DROP just to 0..then back up again. Sometimes it goes up and down and up and down..fluxuates over and over..then stops.
You can be at a complete stop..have the clutch in...rev the car up...and once you step on the break pedal..the rpms just drop...but if you don't stop on the break..the rpms go down slowly as normal. Once u hit the break..it drops.
WHY WHY WHY?
I have fixed everything!!! Alternator, ICU Motor, tune ups, oil changes, ground wires, geesh..spent so much $$$ and its NOT FIXED.
WHAT CAN I DO?
I DONT want to have to sell it..but its almost getting to that point..I can't afford to just fix something here and there anymore hoping it will fix it. HELP PLEASE !!!! :o
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

Hmmmm same problem here.<p>The car never stall but the idle goes down and come up at stops, which is quite annoying :)

Post by Guest »

*bump* Dont mean to be an *** , but is there anyone out there that can give us an idea of what this is???? Help would be greatly appreciated.
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

let us know what Mazda says... but beware their repair prices.. OUCH!
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
lady_venom

Post by lady_venom »

hey hey...I am SOooOOoooo sick of dealing with this damn problem tthat I refuse to put any more money into this dumb car. This car is going to be the death of me.
My advice to you all..get rid of it. Thats what I am doing........I want to drive my car off the cliff because its soo aggrivating..when I drive it.....I want to take a pencil and shove it in my eye and twist it about. No wonder all those years when I said I wanted this car...ppl told me NOT to buy it has nothing but problems. But did I listen? NooOOOOoOooO..and now I am paying for it. :o
sep42

Post by sep42 »

Browsing through the manual, it seems like there could be many different causes.
try the manual pages:<p>http://www.mx-3.com/95-manual/index.cfm<p>section B2-003 (or B1 for RS models)
as well as F2-018 (F1 for RS)
http://www.nerdinthebox.com <- cheap domains, web hosting and other network services.
lady_venom

Post by lady_venom »

EGR Valve?
What does the EGR valve do?
Why do my lights DIM and the rmps go down when I step on the brake pedal? Makes no sense to me.
I can drive my car and slow down, without putting the clutch in mind u...and it won't stall. What kind of car doesn't stall when you don't put the clutch in at a stop? It just keeps jumping forward and keeps rolling.
We unplugged the power brake cable yesterday, and that didn't fix anything, so maybe the Diaphram in the brake cable thing is cracked.
We d/c that hose buddy was talking about underneath the throttle body, and that didn't do anything either.
What else can I do now??? arrggg<p>Can someone please get back to me about this.
My email is powerpuff_hotty@hotmail.com
thanks..jessica<p>[ February 24, 2003: Message edited by: lady_venom ]</p>
hondah8er13

Post by hondah8er13 »

i have an automatic and it does this everytime i'm in drive just idling park is fine and so is reverse. i have spent soooo much money rebuilding this car and don't know what it is... the car vibrates so bad like it is going into a meltdown or something, makes my teeth chatter it is so bad, brand new transmission too. brand new everything! did anybody try a bigger battery? i have not... but mazda is so dumb that i think the one that it calls for is to small might go try that today.... everytime you put any kind of a load on the electrical system it does this
Zoom-Zoom

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”