Viper Alarm Troubles

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Viper Alarm Troubles

Post by Jovian2k »

I am going through inspection in Quebec for my car and installed DRL which was not too difficult, tapped power wire from fuse box under DS dash. Then I went to finish job and reconnect battery my alarm siren keeps going off. The funny thing is no lights blink (like alarm usually does) and the remote pager will not shut alarm off (Viper 791xv) or communicate with car anymore. This is despite everything I have managed to think of...
-change pager battery
-disconnecting neg battery terminal and reconnect
-disconnecting harnesses from alarm brain
-charge battery fully
-regrounding the siren

This is driving me crasy, I have many other repairs to do on my car to get it to pass inspection and I do not need this :shock:

Any ideas??
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Viper Alarm Troubles

Post by Daninski »

Was this a used alarm? Do you have an installation guide?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

No was installed new many years ago, I have the installation guide but don't know how to troubleshoot this :(
Worklog
For Sale Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I turn my alarm off before I disconnect the battery in the fall. Most alarms I've been told about will self arm if the battery runs low. Sounds like yours may of self armed. Do you not have a valet button with it to kill the alarm? You can call Viper they have a tech line to help you.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

I'll try to call them, that may have happened, tried to tien of with valet button but no luck
Worklog
For Sale Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Let me look around I may have my Viper manual, at least then we can see if there's any work around. Like getting in, opening and closing the drivers door, lock/unlock the car, turning the ignition key on and off 5 x,,,,,then again some are less complicated :lol:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

Cool thanks let me know what you find. What's weird is that the alarm doesn't seem to be going off as usual, no lights blinking and pager will not shut it off...
Worklog
For Sale Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Funny the wife's Sportage wouldn't crank on Friday ???. I spent a day and a half researching with no help from the Dealership at all (thanks pricks). 2 simple questions that's all I needed answered. After testing things like the start relay and bla bla bla in the end I left the ignition ON for 1 minute and it finally cranked and started. That's suppose to disengage the lock out solenoid, now I still need to identify where the bloody alarm module is so I can by-pass that solenoid. I hate car alarms.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”