Crazycandians KLG4 swapped autocross beast

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
crazycanadian

Re: Crazycandians KLG4 swapped autocross beast

Post by crazycanadian »

It does work to help stabilize the back end of the car at higher speeds. Especially for that event at Crows Landing. We were seeing average speeds 20mph higher then that of a normal autocross.

The wing does need to be redesigned though. This one went from concept to what you see on the car in less then 2 weeks. There wasnt time to fix all the mistskes made. I want to build it larger as well. The height is at the class rules but I can go almost 6" wider.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

So since Crows Landing Rob and I parked the car.. Attempted go run a local event but had an issue with the rad springing a leak... I managed to fix it before another local event where we corded 1 of our spare tires.. not much for interesting pictures or videos..

Last weekend how ever was the largest event in the north west region. This was the Packwood National Tour event. Last year Rob and I were beat out by a very quick and well built and well driven 78 scirocoo. This year the Scirocco was back and so were we ready for a great match up... Quinn in the Scirocco came sporting more power in the form of a built 1.8l motor with a turbo hanging off it, front splitter and proper ballast to make min weight.

Once again it was a great battle and came down to final runs on sunday. Quinn had an amazing run saterday that put him in the lead by 7 tenths. Sunday the course appeared to favor me. On my last run I was able to beat Quin by a little over 1 sec giving me the win by 3 tenths. Rob struggled but managed to pick up 3rd place.

Packed up and bringing home our "trophies".

Robs fastest run saterday
https://youtu.be/-rpbNXI0aTE

Robs fastest run Sunday
https://youtu.be/dWcTHDvPhDs

My fastest run saterday
https://youtu.be/jjAdSbllkFE

My fastest and most sideways run Sunday
https://youtu.be/vmQoef4vySg
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Packwood was last weekend.. This weekend was a fun local event. . today was a day of testing all though it turned into a great battle for FTD and top spot in my race class

for the morning runs we just played with shock settings... going from full stiff to full soft.. Not much to report there other then full soft helped with how ruff the course was.. In the afternoon we disconnected the front sway bar.. my first run out was amazing... the front end was much more compliant. . Turn in felt better... grip felt better and it netted me almost a full second gain over my fastest run in the morning... I held FTD until 2nd runs when a local CSP miata out ran me by 4 tenths.. I felt as though I could catch him but the hot pad temps and quick turn around times took its toll on the front tires.. by 3rd runs Rob and I were over heating the tires... switching tires over to go home we noticed we've corded one of our new A7s on the front... we have spare A6s but I think we might park the car and have fun with a different car..

At the end of the day It looks like the zx2 front bar and 800lbs front springs are to much for the 600lbs rear springs and 19 mm white line rear bar....
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

So last weekend a 5 hour round trip north later I came home with this score for $400..

weede_klze
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by weede_klze »

400$ for whole set? Even if you would use only piping - worth it :)
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

It was very worth it.. I questioned the owner a little more about the parts. Apparently it wasn't an old ebay kit. It's something he's pieced together. Can't wait for the new year to start installing it all.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Will you end up in a different class if you turbo it ?
Now it seems you're doing really well in the class you're in.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

WhiteFinish wrote:Will you end up in a different class if you turbo it ?
Now it seems you're doing really well in the class you're in.
Nope..this class I am in allows me a lot of free range... most cars built for this class run double if not tripple my budget... its nothing for a street modified car to run a 10 or 15,000$ motor set up.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Good run man, and nothing broke either. That's always bonus.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”