Adding Daytime Running Lights + anchorage hardware

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Adding Daytime Running Lights + anchorage hardware

Post by Jovian2k »

I will be importing my US 1993 MX-3 to Canada (Quebec) and I assume I will have to add DRL, what is the easiest way for me to do so? If possible I would heir on side of using the OEM module, I can use the front signals as DRL (I have bulbs in the un-used portion of signal since I have Euro bumper that doesn't have side markers). Anyone who has done this or gone through hassle of importing let me know!
Last edited by Jovian2k on May 8th, 2015, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Adding Daytime Running Lights

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My mechanic back in Ontario used to work for Canadian Tire, and they were in charge of dealing with the cars coming in across the border. The trick they used to do was just to have the headlights wired in to turn on with the car. Could be done easilly, and could easilly be undone afterwards if you don't like it. DRL's use a resistor on the high-beam element.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Re: Adding Daytime Running Lights + anchorage hardware

Post by Jovian2k »

True, can do that as a temporary fix then un-do later. Any idea on how to diy?

To be CSA compliant I also need tether anchorages for child restraints (anchorage hardware only) anyone know what this is? Mazda usa says I can buy from mazda canada... can I find it at junk yard?
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”