My new DD

Off-Topic Discussions
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

My new DD

Post by Jovian2k »

Picked up yesterday, now that I moved out of the city I needed a daily driver for my commute
Was considering Mazdas but will be driving in harsh winters and needed AWD. The CX5 didn't excite me much so I looked elsewhere. ..
2015 Dark Gray Metallic WRX Premium w STI short shifter
It's a blast to drive, will keep it mostly stock since I need it to be reliable
My MX3 will still be my real project and passion
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: My new DD

Post by kulluminati777 »

These are dope cars. I have an acquaintance who just traded his BRZ in for one. I think its funny the lancer evo is being phased out just as the STIs/WRXs look exactly like them.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I love how MX-3 owners run to subaru.
My wife came with a Subie. They are great cars.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

lol i just saw this...funny how many MX3 guys ended up with a WRX.

I don't like my 2015 that much but I'm hoping that will change. The new Cobb AP stage 1 map just came out and I can't wait to install it. THe factory tune on the FA20DIT is complete and utter trash so hopefully it smooths out the power delivery & gets rid of that huge dip in power at 4500-5000
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Awesome car :2thumbsup: wait till the snow flys and you can have fun doing donuts. Have you joined either NASIOC or even our Toronto Subaru club yet?
Gro Harlem wrote: The new Cobb AP stage 1 map just came out and I can't wait to install it. THe factory tune on the FA20DIT is complete and utter trash so hopefully it smooths out the power delivery & gets rid of that huge dip in power at 4500-5000
Gro I've been using the stage 2 91octane Cobb map and my car runs great. Subaru fuel map is very lean so I feel the Cobb map is a little safer.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Yea i ran a cobb AP v2 on my bugeye since 08'. Put stage 1 on it immediately & it smoothed out the powerband which helped with driveability. Then i got a turboback and flashed stage 2. Had that up until 2012 when I got bored of it and went with a VF34, sti pink injectors & a walbro 255lph. HOLY CRAP what a difference that made. The car pulls all the way to redline strong as hell. Got it pro-tuned later on and made 306awhp which surprised me.

going from that to this new 2015 is a huge downgrade as far as power but I need to move on.

FYI the cobb maps are traditionally ridiculously rich for safety purposes. Getting it pro-tuned leans it out to where it should've been in the first place so there is plenty of potential there if you ever want to unlock more power ;).
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

Gro Harlem wrote:lol i just saw this...funny how many MX3 guys ended up with a WRX.

I don't like my 2015 that much but I'm hoping that will change. The new Cobb AP stage 1 map just came out and I can't wait to install it. THe factory tune on the FA20DIT is complete and utter trash so hopefully it smooths out the power delivery & gets rid of that huge dip in power at 4500-5000
Keep me posted if you get it installed, I might pick it up in the near future
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread

Return to “Off-Topic”