Evo_Spec's 1992 MX-3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Evo_Spec

Re: Evo_Spec's Free 1992 MX-3 GS w/ 128km's

Post by Evo_Spec »

very small update, i got a 92 diamond logo horn cover w/cruise buttons from the junkyard to replace the 93 logo but i forgot to take pictures of it.

I also replaced the mirror i broke. (i also gotta get a new window seal to replace that ugly ripped part)
i replaced the whole thing because the whole thing was flopping around but you can't tell in the picture

I'm glad emerald green is such a common color, matches very good but if you look hard enough you can see it's a little off or at least if you compare the mirrors side by side
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

the window sill isn't ripped, it just needs to be pulled down. that ugly part that is showing should line up with the mirror. you just gotta kinda shimmy it up from the other side, and down by the mirror for it to line up correctly.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

SuperK wrote:the window sill isn't ripped, it just needs to be pulled down. that ugly part that is showing should line up with the mirror. you just gotta kinda shimmy it up from the other side, and down by the mirror for it to line up correctly.
oh well that's good to know, thanks!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

yeah, it seems to cut some wind noise down, too. they all do it, so annoying.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

SuperK wrote:they all do it, so annoying.
Ya, mine was like that too. Pulled it down, even had a quote to order new ones but never got around do it, think they were asking $80 a side for that moulding.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in buying this?

it's sitting in my garage with no real foreseeable use, i have 2 other cars, one of which i truely enjoy (BP-T =D ) so it'll probably just continue sitting in my garage collecting dust.
i'm not going to be taking just any offer though (*cough* Rob *cough*), since it's not costing me anything to sit in my garage so i can just keep it like that.
i just wanted to know if someone would actually be willing to buy it before i come up with a price, or fix the driver axle and stuff.
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I think you should keep it an get rid of one yellow POS hahaha jk!!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

How much? I seem to recall from the original thread that there was some minor damage somewhere on the body...not sure.

Give me details. What rust is there, if any...exactly. For the right price I'm interested.

I just went and checked out the pics in the other thread. That passenger's side damage is beyond my ability to fix. I don't want to low ball you but the price would have to be very good for me to buy it. the whole point for me is to get a perfoect body at the end and I think I'd have to spend a fair bit of money to fix that properly.

Still...let me know.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I legitimately might be interested in this for my dad, pending price and if I could get it inspected and passed in BC.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

wytbishop wrote:How much? I seem to recall from the original thread that there was some minor damage somewhere on the body...not sure.

Give me details. What rust is there, if any...exactly. For the right price I'm interested.

I just went and checked out the pics in the other thread. That passenger's side damage is beyond my ability to fix. I don't want to low ball you but the price would have to be very good for me to buy it. the whole point for me is to get a perfoect body at the end and I think I'd have to spend a fair bit of money to fix that properly.

Still...let me know.
i want to say there's no rust but to be honest i've never taken a good look yet so don't think there's no rust just yet, i'll take a good look sometime this week.

i figured you'd be interested but thought the same thing about the body damage and that's why i'm more leaning to just sell it on kijiji cause i know people wouldn't care too much about the body damage since they're not just looking for a shell.
RobMinhas wrote:I legitimately might be interested in this for my dad, pending price and if I could get it inspected and passed in BC.
we can talk it out and see if my price is right for you
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Evo_Spec wrote: i figured you'd be interested but thought the same thing about the body damage and that's why i'm more leaning to just sell it on kijiji cause i know people wouldn't care too much about the body damage since they're not just looking for a shell.
Well it depends what you are hoping to get for it and what it will cost to fix. it still may be a viable option for me.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Evo_Spec

Re: Evo_Spec's 1992 MX-3 GS

Post by Evo_Spec »

so i've decided not to sell the GS, well it was more of a panic trying to get out of the massive money crisis i was in and was running around desperately selling any of my belongings on kijiji but i never posted this nor the celica since i had gotten those from family or friends but after working long hours and selling most of my cloth, watches, electronics, and pretty much anything else of value i've come to a point good enough where i can gladly say i'm keeping this as i never actually wanted to sell it because it only needs a driver CV axle which i still can't afford but at least it isn't costing me anything to sit in the garage.

uh so yeah, this isn't an update at all as i can't afford to spend anything on a car i'm not actually driving but more of an update to inform anyone who might be interested in this worklog on what's going on.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

So I've given this to my best friend since he's never had a set of wheels which is weird because he had his license before me and I've been driving for like 5 years now.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

At least its on the road eh? Tires all good? Buddy still want the exhaust?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:At least its on the road eh? Tires all good? Buddy still want the exhaust?
yeah it's finally on the road after like 10 years, the tires seem okay but may be a little unbalanced but there's so much that could be wrong around that area.
He said he'd like it cause apparently the exhaust on the car was f'd and it's louder than my old exhaust was lol
Not sure when you want to do that?

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”