Crazycandians KLG4 swapped autocross beast

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Crazycandians KLG4 swap....A little drag racing action

Post by RobMinhas »

I hear you about the heat man, I'm down over by Radium down in Columbia Valley and I worked a 12 hour shift at the saw mill and it was brutal out there. We had saw dust smouldering from the heat so I had to run around and spray down all of the saw dust every twenty minutes, it was ridiculous hot.

And it looks like some kind of upside down bumper to me, although I have no idea to be honest.

And does the 323 overflow plumbing vary considerably from the MX3 plumbing?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

RobMinhas wrote:I hear you about the heat man, I'm down over by Radium down in Columbia Valley and I worked a 12 hour shift at the saw mill and it was brutal out there. We had saw dust smouldering from the heat so I had to run around and spray down all of the saw dust every twenty minutes, it was ridiculous hot.

And it looks like some kind of upside down bumper to me, although I have no idea to be honest.

And does the 323 overflow plumbing vary considerably from the MX3 plumbing?
Dude that is hot... Talk about scary to see... That saw dust could spark up at anytime then you'd be in a lot of trouble...

Non of my drive train is 323 related anymore.. The 323's were only ever 4 cylinders with much smaller rad then an Mx3... The Mx3 rads how ever are to wide to fit between a 323's head lights...

The bumper isn't upside down by any stretch...
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Also wondering if anyone has tried adapting this Mx3 master cylinder to a shorter/thinner booster to trying and get clearance to fit a Straight neck ZE??

RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Yeah it was pretty bad.

ANd I though you had retained the overflow haha.

:oops:

There was a mod where you would swap in an mx-6 brake booster since they're thinner.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

crazycanadian wrote:Also wondering if anyone has tried adapting this Mx3 master cylinder to a shorter/thinner booster to trying and get clearance to fit a Straight neck ZE??

I believe us as your RS brothers have smaller more sleeker one ;)
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
Savin

Post by Savin »

Talk to wytbishop or read through his worklog. He used an mx-6 booster. The RS booster won't work with the GS master (according to what he had discovered).
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Well today I finished off modifying my cooling system.. I am happy with the results so far.. I wont know if it solves my air pocket/over heating issues for a while but for now everything is working like it should.. The nice thing about converting over to this system is that it frees up room to mount my eaton m90 over top of the transmission and create a shaft drive system..

New engine bay look..

I just had to mock up the supercharger to check it out... I will need to relocate the over flow tank/coil pack and do some fancy work with the lower rad hose for clearance, but that is all going to be a lot easier then what I was trying to do before..

weede_klze

Post by weede_klze »

find eaton without snout ;)
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

weede_klze wrote:find eaton without snout ;)
If you have any info past it along... I haven't figured out how to make this m90 or find one thats shorter with out buying a big dollar aftermarket unit or custom milling my own snout for it..
weede_klze

Post by weede_klze »

Eaton M90 with short snout:
search from Jaguar XJR or Aston-Martin DB7

or go with eaton m62 - i thing still is easiest way to fit on AC bracket.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Yeah I forgot about that one... I have not found one of them for a reasonable price or anything that I can afford on a budget.. Thats why I went with the ford super coupe version...

I have ruled out the M62 because what I am after in terms of boost and performance is on the limit of what the m62 can handle....
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

I picked up a new toy yesterday... This weekends autocross double header is going to be very informative..

My new toy.. Not the phone but the program on it... Solo Storm by Patrel data. :)

This program has been developed by a local autocross racer. It uses a blue tooth GPS tracking button to plot out your run.. It logs your autocross run, capturing video, g forces, speed.. If you have a blue tooth OBD 2 dongle it can capture rpms and throttle position as well.. The program allows you to quickly compare 2 runs, break the course down into section and analize all the data quickly while you sit in grid waiting for your next run..
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

Wow, that s pretty nice toy. :shock: Sound like one heck of a pick up, good luck with it.
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

That us sweet!!! That should help u out a ton... Pretty cool :mrgreen:
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Autocross was a blast again today... I took a tone of video.. The data logger worked great, it helped me pick up almost 1/2 a second in time between my morning and afternoon runs.. I am going threw all my video, but for now here is a fun one.. My front suspension in action..

http://youtu.be/i43xkRD3p6w

Take notice to how unweighted the front tire gets in some corners... This is where a clutch type limited slip diff works better then a torsen style... Putting power down when the tire is that unweighted will make a torsen style diff act like an open diff, especially when you start making more then stock power levels..

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”