Thefez's 92 MX3 GS (Buying a RX-8!)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Thefez
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS *KL*

Post by Thefez »

Cams
MS
ITB's

Or
MS
Boost

Thoughts?.....
kulluminati777

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS *Cams or Boost*

Post by kulluminati777 »

I...............T.............B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not many do it, if u had the option and the resources/know how i would go that route
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

ITBs, cams, megasquirt AND boost!
King58
antispam: No

Post by King58 »

ITBS :2thumbsup:

94' RS Sold
94' GS Sold

96' GS PROJECT XD
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Boost is awesome, probably get more power then ITBS but ITBs are so f---ing awesome I'd say go with them.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Boost is certainly easier from my experience. Doesn't seem like it should be, yet it was. I love how minimalist the bay looks with ITBs, and the sound is pretty sensational :)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

If I do go ITB's ill be honest i have no idea where to start or what i would need or how to go about it at all... hence why I want to try and learn something new:) i've built turbo set up for friends car and done the installs so i know whats involved and what to expect on that rougt... but never messed with ITBS... id have to do ALOT of research and as alot of questions

marcdh wrote:Boost is certainly easier from my experience. Doesn't seem like it should be, yet it was. I love how minimalist the bay looks with ITBs, and the sound is pretty sensational :)
Your the only one I know of to do ITB's beside a guy on club protege... id love advice and a push in the right direction has far as literiture and parts, theriory ect...
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

UPDATES!!!!

Well since spring is on its way, its time to start getting some parts for the car and a new paint job :)

heres the basic plan to net a few more ponnies and make the butt dyno alittle more happy as well..
STAGE I
COLT 210* cams
KLG4 IM P&P
Outlaw Square IM/TB spacers
UDP w/cranksensor wheel
TRUE ram air intake from the front bumper
Fine someone who can flash a KL ECU for me to match the mods on the car so far to net full gains for everything. (hopfuly someone can point me in the right direction here)

After all this is complete should take me into aguest, Then of course Ill need somthing else to do lol.... so

STAGE II
ITB research, part gathering,design
MS with tune for ITB's
D2/KSport/BC coil overs
Front BBK
Rear Miata BBK
FULL Polly Kit/Powdercoated suspension parts(could happen in STAGE I)
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Thefez wrote: Fine someone who can flash a KL ECU for me to match the mods on the car so far to net full gains for everything. (hopfuly someone can point me in the right direction here)
It'd probably be easier just to get MS and start playing with the tuning, I don't think theres much as far as options for ECU flashing for us.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

boost =D
Thefez

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS *suspension overhaul*

Post by Thefez »

Alittle side project on the car I want to start. since its starting to get warmer out now :)

redo my GC's (helper springs/cusco camber plates) if ectra money alows koni red inserts
superpro bushings all around
sandblast and powdercoat all my suspension/brake components
SS brake lines
whiteline RSB are these still made?
ZX2 25mm FSB
custom SB end links
alignment/ put my nice 17's with BFG's g-force 2's

lots of pics will be posted in the comming weeks
Thefez

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS *going crazy*

Post by Thefez »

So lately i've been having a alittle ectra spending cash so i been buying up a bouch of stuff for the MX-3

I picked up a set of black altezza style tail lights for $45 on ebay for a Rx7 style tail light project im gunna be starting up soon:)

Also a few euro items i've been looking for like a fog switch and euro vents, still looking for foglights tho..

Anyways more stuff..., picked up some SS brake lines when I first bought the car just never installed them like my Hawk HPS brake pads, so I could finaly installed them, I ordered some D&S rotors(basicly for the "cool" factor) to match the zine coated D&S rotors with EBC Geen stuff pads, Also for now im gunna clean and repaint the read on the calipers and actually take them off the car and daining the fulid and put fresh fuild it, to repaint the calipers, Ill pick up some old ones at a pick and pull and sandblast and powder coat them..

also got some LED bulbds to try out in the dome light :)

Also just orders at work today for my 17's 205/40r17 BFGoodrich g-force sport comp-2's I'm super stoked! I can't wait to feel on the road:D

First Oil Change is coming up on the new motor what do you guys use? the first oil and filter the JDM motor got was Castrol GTX Synblend and a Mobile1 filter was gunna use a K&N but wasn't sure which was better.. thoughts?
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: you are going crazy.

Keep us posted on that 25mm Zx2 sway bar mod. thats something i am really into seeing done as i wanted a 25mm front bar for awhile now. I havent had the time yet to look for a fabricator to make one for my MX3. Sooo if there is already a bar out there that saves me a bunch of time!!! there is like 40000 zx2´s at my local pick and pull
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

Thefez wrote: First Oil Change is coming up on the new motor what do you guys use? the first oil and filter the JDM motor got was Castrol GTX Synblend and a Mobile1 filter was gunna use a K&N but wasn't sure which was better.. thoughts?

for break in purposes you should be using dino oil, non synthetic for awhile after that. i wouldnt go syn for at least 10xxxkm's
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

Everyone like pictures right?

Some of the new parts I was talking about in my earlyer post:)

Euro vent install :)

Rx7 project tails :) scored these for cheep! $45 shipped!!

Great thing about being a mechanic, parts at cost:)

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”