matts 94 mx-3 gs build. MOARRRRR GOODIES

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: matts 94 mx-3 gs build. MOARRRRR GOODIES

Post by kulluminati777 »

AHHH!!! IM BLIND!!!!!!!!!! Thats the best KL I have seen in a while!
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That's a good choice. Chasing the dream of 200HP isn't for everyone. If you have the inclination, you can put in high compression pistons, and bigger cams, etc.. down the road. Honestly, The butt dyno doesn't know much of a difference, and even so, one gets used to what he has.
My car feels slow now, but so did my street bike after a while. I wonder if jet pilots get used to the acceleration. I thought that there was something wrong with my bike, but it still did 0-100 in the same time (about half of what my car can do). I said on another thread; Build what you can, and DRIVE it! There are SO many big HP projects sitting in garages for years, getting ZEROhp! It's like, in the HotRod days, I loved driving by guys polishing their cars, or working on them thinking "I'll have 500+HP one day.." I was having the same amount of fun, or more as they thought they would one day. In fact, those guys would have less fun, because they spent so much time and money, banking on having more fun because of it, or they were afraid to drive, and scratch it, or break something.
I hope it all goes smoothly, and you're having fun soon 8)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

thats what i'm saying too. dont feel like telling every how amazing my project is. i'd rather show off something real and respectable rather then just talk about it.

ordered my corksport clutch line tonight. just trying to work out all the details. next 2 weeks it'll be in no matter what.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

so gotta do some remounting and rewiring today. took a corner pretty quick last night and the amp broke of the back seat..... cool sparks tho ahaha.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Eww, nice and shiny. Right now might be a good time to pull the trans and replace the fly wheel with the lighter K8 FW. Other than that, looks good :2thumbsup:
Umm just a thought. You've looked into clearance problems using the straight neck right?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

its the short straight neck and from what i've read i can make it fit without booster modification.

tomorrow i'll finish polishing the valve covers, and some point this week the motors gotta get moved to my shop so we can swap the belts and pulleys.

i'm actually leaving the probe tranny and flywheel mounted for now to save time and labor. it'll be coming back out in the spring for a solid cleaning, paint, and the power steering removal that i cant afford to do right now.
in the spring i'll hopefully have the plan figured out on how to delete power steering.
once i've got that figured out i'll throw in the newly modified mx6/mazdaspeed diff equipped transmission. unless of course something breaks and i'm forced to install it sooner lol.

still waiting patiently on the arrival of my megasquirt, as well as my stainless clutch and brakelines from corksport.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

so cant sleep and decided to start working on the rear speaker cover repairs(speaker mount posts). does anyone else have issues with theres breaking constantly?

what can i use or do to make it a one time repair?
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

These are pics of the repair I made on the rear covers. If the posts don't hold I'm gonna try using some metal sleeves over the plastic speaker posts to keep them from snapping.

For the holes in the cover mounts I cut up warranty trim panels off a new mustang and shaped blanks as close to the shape of the holes and plastic welded them. Gonna brush on a dab of paint and hopefully they clean up nice.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

ok is there a write up on clearance issues with a de manifold?
shits got me hella paranoid and my swap got pushed till sunday feb.3rd

i'm gonna pick up a 90degree elbow so i can clear the battery until i do the relocation.
timing belt and water pump is done. still gotta do the oil pan and finish polishing my valve covers but i'm pretty much ready to swap.

but t his manifold issue has me worried and i can't have this car off the road for more then a day or 2 at the most.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

Ohhhhhhhhh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

weede_klze

Post by weede_klze »

ECU like mine :)
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

So I've got a coolant problem. Getting weird pressure and causing the upper rad hose to collapse. No overheating tho.

Not gonna worry about it much cuz new motor is supposed to go in on sunday. It's not a sure thing yet but I've got my fingers crossed.

Slowly working on collecting all my associated parts for the megasquirt install.
Today I ordered a vac block that'll mount to the firewall in an attempt to clean up the vac lines,as well as a couple blue silicone vibrant pit packs of various sizes.

I've realized as I'm taping the names on the various plugs that the wiring tuck is gonna be more involved then I thought, so I'm gonna do a very partial intake tuck and when i take my vacation in the spring I'll spend it doing a more complete tuck.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

So I took the plunge and bought a registered version of tunerstudio and the rs232 bluetooth adapter. I'm running out of stuff to buy!!!!

Decided that tomorrow night after work I'm gonna install squirt keeping the vaf until I'm more familiar with tuning.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Install begins at 5pm tomorrow!!!!
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

so the megasquirt is in using the vaf.
it runs. but not very well, i registed my tunerstudio to use the autotune feature and it works well.
its usuing my old stock narrownband sensors so i do have to wire in the wideband and it should start tuning well.

major surging idle problems and occasional stall when i burn a new setting to the ecu.
Last edited by mx3matt on February 2nd, 2013, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

mx3matt wrote: occasional stall when i burn a new setting to the ecu.
thats normal

Good job though
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”