Spyder/ carpart4u Headlights/ OEM comparison *NOW with HID!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Spyder/ carpart4u Headlights/ OEM comparison *NOW with H

Post by Dragon1212 »

RobMinhas wrote:Ahh different thread thats why. I never tried any high quality bulbs in my stock lights but what I had were so incredibly shitty compared to the HIDs I have in my projectors I don't ever want to go back even though I prefer the look of the stock bulbs.
If you ever happen to have it Try them they are Good two gonna try projectors on my new mx and i will see what the difference is.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

RobMinhas wrote:
mitmaks wrote:I'm almost inclined on getting retro fit kit and install them in stock housings. If only I could find clear headlight covers...
Btw which bulbs are in these projectors?
For some reason I though this was answered..

H1s all around, lows and highs.
So when I'm ordering HID kit I should get H1 kit?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Yessiree, I went with 6000K and I'm a big fan, might go with 4300K next time if I have to replace my bulbs.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

That's what Im going to go with. Just installed 4300K kit on my brothers es300, he likes it. It has just a slight hint of blue.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

mitmaks wrote:That's what Im going to go with. Just installed 4300K kit on my brothers es300, he likes it. It has just a slight hint of blue.
Yeah 6000K is a bit blue which I don't like but 4300K is great.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

mitmaks wrote:That's what Im going to go with. Just installed 4300K kit on my brothers es300, he likes it. It has just a slight hint of blue.
that doesn't sound right, 4300k is supposed to be white, if not an off white like halogens. There shouldn't be ANY blue at all

*edit*
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah 4300k can go blue if it was cheap hid stuff like i had on my mx6 after a few months of it being on there......like a retard i choose 6000k for the mx3 and it was bright in the begining but now its just an dim blue lol. When i do get another set for the mx3 ill go 4300k so it looks oem and not any cheap stuff
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Blue headlights... Don't ever drive towards me, I get migraines from that nonsense. :( :x

Especially the lifted, prosthetic penis "Trucks" that can't handle an overweighted trailer, and shine them straight over the top of my car. I've been tempted to follow them home a dozen or so times...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

MrMazda92 wrote:Blue headlights... Don't ever drive towards me, I get migraines from that nonsense. :( :x

Especially the lifted, prosthetic penis "Trucks" that can't handle an overweighted trailer, and shine them straight over the top of my car. I've been tempted to follow them home a dozen or so times...
These are pretty common in Calgary, I don't mind the light bars on the front since they can(and usually are) turned off but some of those headlights are brutal when they're red.

I actually was driving behind an STI a few weeks ago that had red and blue lights flash in his tail light when he turn signalled, it was stupid bright and it was flashing which gave me an instant headache. I really hope that little s--- got pulled over and fined heavily because that's nothing but a stupid and dangerous distraction. Because of that I switched my bulbs back to standard bulbs from the LEDs I had in the tial light signals.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

RobMinhas wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:Blue headlights... Don't ever drive towards me, I get migraines from that nonsense. :( :x

These are pretty common in Calgary, I don't mind the light bars on the front since they can(and usually are) turned off but some of those headlights are brutal when they're red.

I actually was driving behind an STI a few weeks ago that had red and blue lights flash in his tail light when he turn signalled, it was stupid bright and it was flashing which gave me an instant headache. I really hope that little s--- got pulled over and fined heavily because that's nothing but a stupid and dangerous distraction. Because of that I switched my bulbs back to standard bulbs from the LEDs I had in the tial light signals.
just Normal LED Bulbs arent bad when you start F****** with colours then its bad.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

The ones in this post are 6000. They are barely blueish compared to stark white, and I like them a lot. It's softer on the eyes, without any brightness compromise.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Looking at this thread again... I still say HIDs are a joke. They do more harm than good on the road, and honestly the projector image you posted looked far better.

Yes, the HIDs are brighter... They were so bright, that the lines of the road reflected light back up, NOTICEABLY.
At least they aren't blue... Some people find them aesthetically pleasing, and that's about their entire value summed up in 2 words... They produce less visible light(according to multiple sources, valid AFAIK), blind oncoming traffic, and cost a lot of money.

It's almost as bad as the a-holes that leave their foglights on 24/7, thinking they have 4 headlights... They're never aimed properly, and almost always shine higher than the idiot's headlights.

Don't get me started on lifted trucks, SUVs, etc. that have these headlights/foglights... Those drivers should never touch a vehicle again.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I love the look of LED tails, but I'm thinking I will go for a slightly brighter, pure white bulb instead.

I do want to find some LEDs for my map-lights though, that I wouldn't mind one bit.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i have white LED lights for my signals and i know they're kinda brutal but it doesn't affect me and i'm too lazy/poor to change it out lol
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Evo_Spec wrote:kinda brutal but it doesn't affect me
...said every punk everywhere at some point.

j/k...sort of...not really.

Punk.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”