Spyder/ carpart4u Headlights/ OEM comparison *NOW with HID!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Spyder/ carpart4u Headlights/ OEM comparison *NOW with H

Post by mitmaks »

Too bad these don't have nice cutoff, I really hate when people blind me and I sure wouldn't want to blind someone else.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Where did you get that information from? I have never had someone flash their brights at me, and I made several passes in my girlfriend's car, oncoming to mine, to be sure they didn't do that. Maybe I put that info somewhere else.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

fowljesse wrote:Where did you get that information from? I have never had someone flash their brights at me, and I made several passes in my girlfriend's car, oncoming to mine, to be sure they didn't do that. Maybe I put that info somewhere else.
Same, never been flashed even before I made sure they were correctly aimed.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

mine blind the crap out of every one BUT i have 6500K HID's and they arent the vertical led spyders they are the horizontal led's from ebay
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

kulluminati777 wrote:mine blind the crap out of every one BUT i have 6500K HID's and they arent the vertical led spyders they are the horizontal led's from ebay
the spyder one's that everyone is talking about here are the horizontal led one's, the vertical led ones are...ebay ones although they're both ebay ones really.
RobMinhas wrote:
fowljesse wrote:Where did you get that information from? I have never had someone flash their brights at me, and I made several passes in my girlfriend's car, oncoming to mine, to be sure they didn't do that. Maybe I put that info somewhere else.
Same, never been flashed even before I made sure they were correctly aimed.
Rob, yours are the vertical led ones and the cutoff isn't actually straight like the spyder one's
At the left part of the cutoff the light angles upwards like this:

My EDM glass headlights do it as well, it's supposed to be there to help see pedestrians at night but because we drive on the right side of the road, we're actually hitting oncoming traffic lol
I adjusted mine down enough that i only slightly go above most cars doors but i didn't want to go further down and reduce my visibility.
This info is kinda useless to you cause i'm pretty sure your headlights are set to about the same height as mine if not lower but i thought i'd add this info for people who don't know.
Last edited by Evo_Spec on October 19th, 2012, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

ah ok
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

The cut off on my black projectors is mirrored from that picture, although the chrome ones were like the one you uploaded.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:The cut off on my black projectors is mirrored from that picture, although the chrome ones were like the one you uploaded.
like this?
oh, i guess i only really remember the chrome one's you got, i just figured they were the same since they're both vertical led's
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Didn't mean to offend you or anything. However looking at the pictures you've posted it looks like light goes everywhere just like it does with stock halogen lights. My mom's Legacy has very crisp cutoff while most cheap projectors have glare.
Btw, on these projectors - do actual projectors come off or they're molded into the headlight housing?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I was only a little offended :wink:
In the pictures on the first page, there is some light that is reflected upward, and I really like it. It's so you can see freeway signs, and it's very effective. It is focused, and doesn't blind anyone. Once you aim these correctly, they work great. If anyone is getting flashed for blinding people, they either don't have them aimed, or maybe a cheaper manufacturer is making an inferior product. If I recall correctly, I included an aiming adjustment how-to. Maybe you could meet up with someone who has them installed, and see them in person.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I'm almost inclined on getting retro fit kit and install them in stock housings. If only I could find clear headlight covers...
Btw which bulbs are in these projectors?
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

This is what i use in stock Housing and its Fin beautiful

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4 ... ?locale=en

the 9004 Equivalent obviously

ANd the other thread Says H1's for both high and low.
Last edited by Dragon1212 on October 22nd, 2012, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

mitmaks wrote:I'm almost inclined on getting retro fit kit and install them in stock housings. If only I could find clear headlight covers...
For some reason I though this was answered..

H1s all around, lows and highs.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

RobMinhas wrote:
mitmaks wrote:I'm almost inclined on getting retro fit kit and install them in stock housings. If only I could find clear headlight covers...
For some reason I though this was answered..

H1s all around, lows and highs.
Lol it just was!!!
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Ahh different thread thats why. I never tried any high quality bulbs in my stock lights but what I had were so incredibly shitty compared to the HIDs I have in my projectors I don't ever want to go back even though I prefer the look of the stock bulbs.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”