AaronTietje - 1993 MX3 Phase 2

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Countdown to H2o.. AaronTietje - 1993 MX3 GS

Post by kulluminati777 »

VERY nice, but a recommendation for that MSD coil, when you swap it to your car (if you do) you should mount it vertically. So that the internal winding is completely covered with oil. Mounting the coil horizontally does not allow the oil within the coil to sufficiently transfer the heat out of the coil......it could wear out sooner than later and leave you stranded.....
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

AaronTietje wrote:
It's a NA with goodies. Guestamation is about 240 hp. If I could have gotten my lsd to mate up to this setup I'm going to cry a river?

Good to know, is that a T3 super 60? the N/A is the way to go. Sorry, yes a BP trans is a G series box G25MR, same internals as the GS trans, the LSD would have fit with minor grinding on the inside of the housing. I was running MSP LSD in my lx box years ago when I was FWD. sorry dude. I am about to swap my trans in the GS 2nd 3rd syncros are toast and going to run another MSP LSD unit.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Is the plan to combine the projects? Stuff the BPT into the orange beast?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

RobMinhas wrote:Is the plan to combine the projects? Stuff the BPT into the orange beast?

Exactly. I'll have fun with it this fall and set my mind to learning the ins and outs of the turbo set up.... Then, I hope to swap it over this winter and have the orange car this next year.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I see, I havne't looked much into it but are the motor mounts close enough or will you have to fabricate the mounts?

And be sure to stuff a b6 or bp or k8 into Wills old car! I don't want to see another shell go to the wreckers haah.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

There's only one EC chassis. All the different engines share all the same mounting locations. B6D, B6-ME, K8, K8-ZE motor mounts all bolt to the same spots on the frame rails.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

wytbishop wrote:There's only one EC chassis. All the different engines share all the same mounting locations. B6D, B6-ME, K8, K8-ZE motor mounts all bolt to the same spots on the frame rails.
Didn't know that! Thanks for sharing Wyt.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I love the swap possibilities

nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Josh wrote:
AaronTietje wrote:
It's a NA with goodies. Guestamation is about 240 hp. If I could have gotten my lsd to mate up to this setup I'm going to cry a river?

Good to know, is that a T3 super 60? the N/A is the way to go. Sorry, yes a BP trans is a G series box G25MR, same internals as the GS trans, the LSD would have fit with minor grinding on the inside of the housing. I was running MSP LSD in my lx box years ago when I was FWD. sorry dude. I am about to swap my trans in the GS 2nd 3rd syncros are toast and going to run another MSP LSD unit.
Yes that is a super 60.
My old old car haha. If you have any questions aaron shoot me a text
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

kulluminati777 wrote:I love the swap possibilities

Where did you find the wave smilies???????????That's awesome.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

i stole them from a mooneggs test post Image
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

H2O today. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

After getting Will Thomas' car I got to work transferring some parts over and doing some much needed suspension work.

I installed my D2 coilovers, Sparco wheel, Sparco seats, lights and replaced the front hubs (scary loose) ball joints, and tie rod ends.
Also, I replaced the headliner with a minty black one, replaced the carpet , replaced the rear seats with a leather bottom, and bolted all the interior panels in as they were mostly loose.

Here's a video of how she sits now.

Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

at least you now have an mx-3 to drive!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Wow, I'm glad I randomly had an urge to look at your big brake kit again... Didn't even spot the update about car #2!

As much as it saddens me that you're going V6 --> I4, I'm excited to see where you take it! Weight distribution will be your friend though, so I can't blame you one bit. :P

I was wondering though, if you don't mind me asking, about how much did you invest in your front brake setup? I've been debating where I will take brakes, when I go there...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

MrMazda92 wrote:Wow, I'm glad I randomly had an urge to look at your big brake kit again... Didn't even spot the update about car #2!

As much as it saddens me that you're going V6 --> I4, I'm excited to see where you take it! Weight distribution will be your friend though, so I can't blame you one bit. :P

I was wondering though, if you don't mind me asking, about how much did you invest in your front brake setup? I've been debating where I will take brakes, when I go there...
If you were to duplicate my brake setup it would take about 900-1000. You would also have to ask your friend Aaron for a set of brackets to make it all work. (I have two extra sets) :mrgreen:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”