Rob's '95 RS -> BP is in!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Robs '95 RS-DD:BPT removed and dissassembled, cleaning/p

Post by RobMinhas »

diezzel wrote:Geez your a busy be down there .That's looking good . Keep it up . :welder:
Getting as much done as I can!
AaronTietje wrote:Looks great keep it up. :2thumbsup:
Thanks Aaron, doing what I can!

Paaaaaiiiiinnnnttt

Did some research, gonna go with a G2 BP valve cover and the timing cover for a Miata. If anyones got a spare one they're looking to sell, shoot me a PM.

Also cleaning up the intake mani, although I'm having some difficulty cleaning it. Wire wheel can only reach so far and Simple green doesn't do it. Gonna get a different shaped wire wheel to reach in and around certain spots. Oil pan is also getting harder and harder to get the paint off of where the angles are weird.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Got a thinner wire wheel and got a bit more done, although weather went to s--- so I couldn't do much.
Also bought a box of random couplers, IC pipes and clamps for $15, should have enough for my entire piping no matter which way I decide to go with it.

Pulled the shifter out of the spare car, it's a short shifter, my guess is from Ebay, I never drove the car though so i can't say for sure but the gears felt shorter then my B&M Short shifter. probably throw that up on sale soon.

Wondering if anyone knows how to remove the brake booster from an RS? I saw one bolt and it seems to be the one mounting the Master Cylinder to the booster, felt around a bit too but couldn't find anythign obvious. Don't want to damage it since it looks nice and new.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

sounds like a good time for you to learn the online manuals.
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/index.php

here's what your looking for
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... /P-012.gif
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Thanks man, I didn't think of that untill I was in bed after haha.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Alright, so master cylinder has been partially yanked, I got off the reservoir and all of the lines but cannot get off the actual silver piece that mounts to the booster. Both nuts have been removed but I still can't get it off, is there somethign hidden I might not be seein or is tehre s hose or soemthing that needs to be removed first?
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

Workshop manual is your best friend

RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Mike,
i've looked at that, and I've removed the bolts that hold the cylinder to the booster, I'll tae another look but its stuck on, hopefully the old owner didn't glue it or anything.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

you see #11, there's a pin that goes through that attaches itself to the pedal assembly, so you'll have to remove it from inside the car.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

SuperK wrote:you see #11, there's a pin that goes through that attaches itself to the pedal assembly, so you'll have to remove it from inside the car.
Does that attach to the actual part? The part labeled 5? I'll take a crack at it when I get some free time but it doesn't seem to be attached to the actual piece but the booster.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I thought you were trying to remove the brake booster not just the master cylinder.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

SuperK wrote:I thought you were trying to remove the brake booster not just the master cylinder.
Oh I am, just removing the master cylinder first, if I have to I'll just remove the booster with the cylinder attached.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I would recommend that, just remove the whole unit. pull the #9 pin and the #10 bolts from behind the pedal assembly.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

SuperK wrote:I would recommend that, just remove the whole unit. pull the #9 pin and the #10 bolts from behind the pedal assembly.
Okay boss, will do that. Any tips on dash removal? I don't care too much about the trim of the spare car but I don't want to damage anything on my removal of the booster on my car haha.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i don't think you have to remove your dash
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So due to the weather starting to cool down I needed to take care of my defroster lines not working, which in my case mean I had to do a hatch swap, I managed to do it today(by myslef, which was a total PITA) but I am now stumped with how to remove the rear lock so I can put my old lock cylinder in to my new hatch. Ive been able to remove the actual latch piece but there must be something else mounting it in there and neither google or search through the site has yielded resutls. Also have been unable to find out how through a service manual, wich I think has more to do with me not being able to navigate one properly then anything else.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”