JayoM's 91 Eunos Presso V6

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: JayoM's 91 Eunos Presso V6

Post by ethand »

AZ-3?!? Nice find!!! Are there really that many of them over there in UK?! I always thought there wouldn't be as the car was sold there by Mazda anyway... and with bigger engines... I guess a few were fans of the whole 'grey import' thing...?
You'd think Australia would have heaps of imports, but we don't - despite how close we are to Japan & how expensive used cars are here, people just don't do it that much... I think our laws & taxes on importing are pretty rediculous, though...
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

I don't know about the UK, but Ireland is flooded with 90's import Jap metal. It was once said 95% of all VZR N1's were in Ireland. Grey import market was huge here, but with the recession and all that, most are either being neglected or being exported. Our tax system also scares alot of people away from cars over 1.8. There's a 1.5 Presso near me, SS sills and JDM splitter, going for €400 and the guy just can't get rid of it!

I reckon if I had €10,000, I could buy every decent imported Presso or AZ3 in the country :lol:
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

JayoM wrote:IThere's a 1.5 Presso near me, SS sills and JDM splitter, going for €400 and the guy just can't get rid of it!
BRB going to Ireland.

But seriously, that's crazy! Hopefully all of those presso's aren't being scrapped with those valueble parts.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

RobMinhas wrote:
JayoM wrote:IThere's a 1.5 Presso near me, SS sills and JDM splitter, going for €400 and the guy just can't get rid of it!
BRB going to Ireland.

But seriously, that's crazy! Hopefully all of those presso's aren't being scrapped with those valueble parts.

oh i bet there are ALOT of AZ-3/pressos that were crushed with rare OEM parts and mazdaspeed bits only to have them lost forever.... :crying: :crying: :crying:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
ethand

Post by ethand »

Hrrmm might have to plan a detour to Ireland while I'm living in Milan & come get some from your area!! Thats INSANE!
Ummmm might need to get me some sills & a JDM front lip... :)
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

I got one of my JDM lips for €20, so there are bargains to be had for sure!
ethand

Post by ethand »

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!? HOLY s---!!! Well I paid AU$100 for my AUS-spec front lip lol! At the current exchange rate, 20 euros is like less than AU$30!!! WOW! Hahaha DEFS making a trip over at some stage while I'm in Europe!
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Haha, yeah. In fairness, the lip was in pretty bad condition and the guy didn't know what it was (it was part of a joblot that I seen online). I was lucky a buddy of mine is pretty class with bodywork and fixed it up and fitted it for 20 quid.

Btw Ethan, I'm breaking that Silver Presso, I think you were interested in the rear lights? Let me know man.
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

So, my new plan of action is to try get the K8ZE up towards 170/180 n/a and then slap on a quick spool turbo to try push it over the 200. I'm in no rush at the moment to get it done, but I bought a set of KF01 cams from a Lantis Type R. These cams seem to be a bit of a mystery, some say they're high-ligt a la the KL31s, others reckon they're regular lift. Either way, they're probably a higher lift and definitely more aggressive that whats in my K8ZE at the moment. I took the calipers to them for some measuring, but I can't remember which is the exh/int, but this is what I've got! If anyone knows how to tell the diff visually, let me know. I'm a Computer Scientist, not a Mechanic dammit! :lol:

Exhaust - 43.45mm max height and a base circle of 35.21mm

Intake - 43.55 max height and a base circle of 35.20mm

I also took a few photos of the three amigos, before the silver one meets its doom.

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

what's up with the front indicators on the az-3? Are those custom or what? Close up pic?
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Oh man they are the biggest hackjob ever, its not even funny. They're just a pair of small lights tacked onto the top and hooked up to a switch where the spotlight switch should be. The spotlights were ripped out and thrown in the boot. On the brightside, the spotlight switch was left in the car.

My Dad's Eunos actually had a pretty cool setup with the indicator lights. He cut off the orange bit over the parking light and replaced it with a clear lens.
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Now on Speedhunters :lol: Not a feature, but a mention is a nice start!

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/08/back_in_the_swing/
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah some posted that on facebook congrats on the recognition, did you post your pic on there or did somebody find you?
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

You just send in 5 pics to the guy that runs that piece. The info is at the bottom of the page.
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Well, haven't updated this in a loooooong time.

Around this time last year, I made a deal with a guy in the UK to swap a set of coilovers for a KLZE. Sent the coilovers in good faith as he needed them for that weekend (or some BS excuse), sent the courier to collect the engine...but on three attempts, the courier couldn't get in touch. Excuse after excuse, and I ended up selling the coilovers to another guy in the UK, who then went and collected them from the guy I had made the original deal with.

I think that was the 3rd or 4th time a deal for a ZE fell through. So, I took the money for the coilovers and some money I had set aside, found an '84 RX7 FB for sale and went on bought it, ya know, to cheer myself up :D

Since then, pretty much every penny I've had has gone into the FB. Only thing I've done with the Presso is keep it well maintained. I finally got the FB on the road in July, and since then, the Presso hasn't seen any road. I've been tempted to sell it, and have had some semi-serious interest from a local-ish guy (he has a mint Familia Turbo saloon :love: ), but haven't had the heart to move it on.

So, until I decide what I'm doing with it, I've made some space in the folks' garage and managed to get her in there out of the elements. It's hard to know what I should do with it. I could take the chance to give it a really good overhaul. I think the ship has sailed on the KLZE to be honest. I'll keep the K8ZE until it gives up the ghost, and hey, maybe try throw a 13b in there :lol:

As for the 1.5 silver Presso, I've pretty much gotten rid of every bit worthwhile (apart from the B5ZE). I'm going to take the wing mirrors off it tomorrow and then send it for scrap.

I passed the AZ3 onto my brother, who we then passed onto Marco who has transformed it into an epic turbo bullet. I smile so much when I see what that guy has done with it, unreal!

Anyway, this is how the Presso will lie for the next few months anyway.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”