JayoM's 91 Eunos Presso V6

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
JayoM
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

JayoM's 91 Eunos Presso V6

Post by JayoM »

Hey,

I picked up this Eunos Presso K8ZE back in May/June of this year. I was on the hunt for a Pulsar VZR or a Levin BZR, but when I came across this car I knew immediately that I had to have it as it was almost identical to a Eunos Presso my Da had years beforehand. This is how it looked when I picked it up at the start of the summer...

First thing I did was get a standard strutbrace and sure up the handling a bit. Then, in October, I stumbled across a genuine JDM splitter. It was in rough shape, but I got it for €20 and for another €20 I had it looking like new and fitted along with a hatch garnish I picked up. I also fitted a set of 40mm lowering springs, but as ya see, still not low enough!

I then had the opportunity to get my hands on a KLZE with gearbox, but it didn't come with an ECU. So, as a birthday gift, my girlfriend got me a KL36 plus an extra JE50.

Since then, the KL seems to have fallen through and my efforts to sort another one at a decent price has been in vain...but the search continues! During my KL search, I came across a set of powdercoated matt black MS01Rs - the wheel I had been chasing since I got my Presso. No centrecaps, but I can live without them!

But I did fancy a set of MS01R stickers. Unfortunately, they only come in black so I had to get custom ones made up. Still yet to be fitted as I'm contemplating lacquering the wheels.

I then got a second chance to buy a set of USDM full length skirts from Keith over on uk-mx3.com and there was no way I was letting this chance pass me by. Apologies for the pic quality!

As you can see, the arch gap is pretty prominent. But this will be sorted soon as I've a set of KSport coilovers in transit at the moment, so can't wait to get those on there!

Thats my worklog so far, hope you like it :) Some plans for next year are to get the stance sorted, KLZE conversion and full respray. And a few small cosmetic things like Jap style front plate and maybe some more Mazdaspeed goodies!
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: JayoM's 91 Eunos Presso V6

Post by Dali »

Wow, car is lookinh good. I have never seen that steering wheel in a actual car before. Welcome to the site.
1993 White gs klze.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Awesome car! I love those seats and the fact that they actually fit the color scheme! Way better than that teal/light blue fabric crap over here.
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

How much did you spent for the side skirt?
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

They weren't cheap :P Think it came in between €200-220 delivered.
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Their are very rare.But better from the aftermarket craps..
The jdm would be a better choice once you have the front lips(not that i don't like these.)But i don't know how much would cost...
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

I could have gotten the JDM skirts for cheaper but I much prefer the USDM skirts. I like the blocky styling of these compared to the flared design of the JDM skirts.
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

Are you able to still get the jdm skirts, my friend has been looking for a set for his presso for a while now.
1993 White gs klze.
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

JayoM wrote:I could have gotten the JDM skirts for cheaper but I much prefer the USDM skirts. I like the blocky styling of these compared to the flared design of the JDM skirts.
Where did you found the jdm?Any link?
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

PM'd the two of you there.
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Welcome to the full length skirt club. 8)
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
ethand

Post by ethand »

Dark red Presso with black kit FTW!! ;)
Looks sweet, and I gotta say, it looks much better with the JDM front lip than the Australian-spec Eunos 30x front lip I have on mine...
That steering wheel is fantastic, too - exact same shape as my Presso's wheel, but in wood & metal! So much win right there. Also looks like it has a nice sound system, too...
Great score on all the MS gear too - I've been in two minds about going for the MS rear wing, etc., and have kinda always wanted that MS exhaust, too...
Can you tell me where this thing here is? I found one of these things in my car's glove box & have no idea where it came from... Someone suggested it was from the floor mats...?
Also, is the source of the JDM side skirts you turned down a bit of a secret? Would be cool to know if possible ;)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Cheers! That badge does come from the mats. Unfortunately, the previous owner accidentally removed the badge from the drivers side mat :( I'd gladly buy those badges off ya if ya want :) There was a bit of a sound system in the car when I got it - sub, amp and a touchscreen headunit. I'm not a fan of subs, so ripped that out. The headunit was wired up arse ways and wouldn't turn off (would only go to standby), so I ripped that out and replaced it with a Sony Xplod unit. At least my battery doesn't drain anymore :p

A couple of guys on uk-mx3 had a set, but another guy recently put up a Wanted ad looking for those skirts and they didn't reply, so they might not be looking to sell them anymore.
ethand

Post by ethand »

Sweet! Mystery of the random rubber badge thing solved!! Haha You're welcome to that badge if you really want it! Postage would likely be killer, though! I only have the one, though - it was in the glovebox along with a mystery waterbottle cap, which I initially thought was another part from the car!
Ya, I'm not a fan of subs either, mainly because of the space they take up... And I hate it when sound systems just Standby, not turn off! one of my mates cars kept getting a flat batt from that!
Ahh right... well for now, I'm fine with the lil kit thing I got on it now... maybe after my travels (or in my travels!) I'll pick some up!
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Took a couple of (slightly) better pictures.

KSport coilovers arrived just after Xmas and they'll go in once I've a weekend free. I think I've sourced a KLZE for it too, so the next couple of months could be interesting!

I also won a wooden Mazdaspeed gearknob on eBay so that's on the way now, too!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”