MrMazda92's '93 GS "Trinity" - Updated

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: MrMazda92's '93 GS "Trinity" - Updated

Post by RobMinhas »

Virtual high five for paying of the credit card debt!!

Virtual respectful head nod for the girlfriend situation.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Thank you both, again!
I'm probably painting Tracy before Trinity, red paint takes priority... Had an officer knock at the door questioning my sobriety because I was reported as "swerving in my lane" by a "concerned motorist". My explanation as to curiosity over a worn ball joint causing some unwanted vibration was sufficient to put his mind at rest.

Swerving... Bah. Easier to explain why I MIGHT do it, than to explain that I hadn't done it to begin with.

People... I hate false reporters... Thankfully this one wasn't like my last!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by ethand »

Bhahahaha! That's so random, but funny!
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

hahah glad that kinda s--- doesnt happen over here> I be dodging potholes all the time, still, a great way to get rid of tailgaters :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

It isn't that strange for me, my car is red and I look younger than I am... Scary profiling going on here.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Wow, It's been a while...

So, this has been a terribly difficult summer for me, as far as the cars are concerned. I sent some engine parts out to be worked on at a local machine shop(friend works there, so I got the friend rate, which comes at an incredibly slow pace...), and am still waiting on a few things. Unfortunately for me, this means I have neither MX-3 on the road currently.

I should have the rest of the "goodies" back in my possession by the end of the week. Technically, I should have 2 weeks ago. :( I'm holding out hope though, since there really isn't much the car needs to be road worthy again. I fixed every single issue, aside from a small exhaust leak.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

At long, long, long, long last I've brought her back to life... Tonight at about 10 PM she took her first breaths after the coolant leak, exhaust leak, EGR delete fiasco of earlier this year. I've misplaced my feeler gauges, so setting the TPS, throttle stop screw, and adjusting the idle from the current 1,000 down to 700 will have to wait for daylight...

Beyond that, she runs leak free, steady idle(soon to be dropped to 700), smoke free(exhaust manifold leak fixed), and strong as ever. It was nice firing the KL up for the first time in months, although it did take a little while to get her to crank over initially.

I am now confident that this car would make it on a cross country road trip... After way too long under the knife, so to speak, I'll get to zoom around with KL power again. :freak: You've got no idea how much I missed it.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Allllright!!!

Idle - 750
Coolant leak, GONE.
Exhaust leak, 99% gone, I'm still seeing/hearing a tiny bit, but have been unable to locate it. Still, the car no longer has that open header sound. :lol:

I actually drove her for the first time in more than 4 months, and I forgot how hard a KL can pull... The KYB GR2s are due for a replacement, but other than that things are going smoothly. Definitely what I needed this week, 100%!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

that's great to hear man
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Definitely! :D

I do still need to adjust the clutch travel a bit... It doesn't feel like it fully disengages when I floor the pedal, and it's disconcerting.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”