MrMazda92's '93 GS "Trinity" - Updated

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

MrMazda92's '93 GS "Trinity" - Updated

Post by MrMazda92 »

2nd MX-3, my "fast car" if you will.

Color Key: Owned/Completed, WTB/In Progress

Exterior
Black Projector Headlights
Black Altezza Taillights

Interior
CorkSport Shifter Bushings/McMaster-Carr 3rd Link
94 Seats Front/Rear

Paint:
Faded, ideas?

Drivetrain:
Milli ZE
Blaster 2 External Coil
Fidanza Flywheel
EGR Delete

Suspension:
No-Name front Strut Tower Bar
No-Name rear Strut Tower Bar
Matching Tires

Millenia KLZE:
Last edited by MrMazda92 on September 25th, 2012, 7:03 am, edited 29 times in total.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Re: MrMazda92's '93 GS "The Bruise"

Post by MrMazda92 »

Updated both worklogs with more descriptive plans and recent purchases/acquisitions.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on February 1st, 2012, 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Re: MrMazda92's '93 GS "RightMeow"

Post by MrMazda92 »

Installed my Drilled/Slotted Rotors on the rear of this car, fronts will be done when the current pads are worn. Pictures when the car is cleaned(next week, I promise!)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: MrMazda92's '93 GS "RightMeow" *Update* D/S Rotors + Pad

Post by Mooneggs »

much better name!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Mooneggs wrote:much better name!
Never understood the whole naming of the vehicle thing. My daughter calls them by colour, white car, red car, gold car that's it. My GF calls it 'The Babe Magnet'. Of course I told her the only babe I need it to attract is you. :love: After that comment I was gold for the rest of the week. :D
I think you should call it Megalicous. That I think would score you points. :wink:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Dan, I like to call my cars by colour too, but then I painted the red one black an it got complicated.

I love how your goal is merely to have matching tires :lol: I've had 3 styles on a car before.

I also have some wrap caps I could throw in the mail for you, PM me.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
ethand

Post by ethand »

Not sure I 'get' the name of this car... only thing I can figure is that the gf wants her car 'right meow' (right now)
As for naming cars, I believe it is essential - cars have a distinct personality/character & I think you need to figure out what yours is & name it appropriately! Also, it makes it easier to give the car some encouragement when it seems to be struggling... like 'c'mon, Zeke, you know you can make it up this hill with the aircon on!!' haha
Ryan wrote:I love how your goal is merely to have matching tires :lol: I've had 3 styles on a car before.

haha that was my favourite thing on his list of things to do! I happen to have matching tyres, only because I had bought 17's & needed some low profile tyres to fit to them haha
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Well, the car has 4 brands with varying degrees of tread at the moment. :lol: My Hankooks that are on the front of the '92 will be going on the rears, when I get 2 more Kumhos for the '92. I've got 5 brand new studded snow tires just sitting, too bad they're studded. :lol:

As for the name, "The Bruise" didn't fly well with Megan. :lol: I like RightMeow better than her original choice too, I think it fits. Btw Ethan, you are partially correct as far as the inspiration for the name goes!

She wants a Hello Kitty theme, which I will have to work hard to keep clean... The deal is she has to wash the car weekly, and wax it every 4 months, if she does that I'll do EVERYTHING else. :lol:

In my case, my cars NEED a name, as I constantly apologize for what I put them through on a regular basis...
Last edited by MrMazda92 on February 2nd, 2012, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ethand

Post by ethand »

Haha I thought it might have been the case hahaha
Sounds like you've both scored there, then - I might have to promise my future GF that too, so that she can keep her car clean & I don't have to clean it!! haha... that's assuming she's anything like my sisters are :roll:
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Trust me, 90% of them share that trait... From my experience.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on February 2nd, 2012, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

So I finally got around to charging the battery today. Dumped 3 gallons of premium mixed with 1 gallon of regular into the tank. To avoid odd questions, I only own 1 gas can larger than 1 gallon, and it already had roughly 1 gallon of regular in it.

Anyways... The car took a LOT of coaxing to get running. Bogged down and died some 9 or 10 times before I could get it to hold idle. I feel this is related to sitting for a few months, only being started occasionally to keep things from seizing up. Sadly, the car hasn't seen much use since I bought it :(

Thankfully, THAT is about to change! :welder:
One way or another, this car will be daily driver friendly next week. Although, I won't be able to raise it up to stock until I get my coils on the '92.

This update is mostly an update, but also a minor rant about the usual, GD EGR!!!! AAAAHHHHH, I want to eradicate EGR all together. It needs to go back into the hole it crawled out of, probably some hippy hole. Take that however you will, gutter-minds or not. :lol:

CEL diagnostic:
Code 9 - Expected this, the second sensor isn't tapped on the Milli IM.
Code 16 - GD EGR!!!!!!!! I'll remove it entirely when I rebuild the engine in a few years...
Last edited by MrMazda92 on February 2nd, 2012, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

The EGR codes won't affect much. Its just letting you know it doesn't work :lol: . It doesn't change how the car operates under power, and lets face it, thats all we care about.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

That figures, it only happened after I removed the exhaust anyways. :roll: I'm swapping my holey stock exhaust from my '92 onto it, and putting the solid stock exhaust on my '92.

The '93 will be the testbed for my headers and dual exhaust... :welder: EGR will play no part in the equation.

I'm a little upset now though, since the bogging issue is still present, worsened by the fact that I need the car reliable in a week...

Once the engine has been running for a while(with my foot on the throttle the entire time), it will idle solidly at 800(My personal choice), but any attempt to remove my foot from the throttle before that point ends in a stall.

I'm baffled, since it runs strong and idles steadily once it gets there... Any ideas?

Oh, the VAF is clean and functioning. The intake piping is aluminum and hole free, and the vacuum lines are perfect so far as I've been able to tell. As some of you may remember, I spent a good long time sorting them out last year, before the car was parked.

In the event that somebody thinks Disty failure(you never know), there is already an external coil.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

IAC? HEI? Gremlins? You could do the usual TPS adjustment, make sure the idle screw is proper... uh, where are the pictures anyways?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I forgot to mention some things...

IAC tested out properly, raises and lowers idle as well as any car(except my '92, since the IAC is the devil)

External coil is good, and the problem goes away 100% after a brief warmup. Problem is that warmup is all 15%+ throttle time, otherwise she stalls out.

TPS was set when I pulled the throttle body JUST prior to parking the car this last time, I spent 2 hours getting it utterly perfect, with the TB off the IM.

Idle was set properly with Ten/Gnd. jumped in the diagnostic box, 800 is where I love it. ;)

The pics will come soon! I do have a video(sound clip) of the engine running though. As soon as I reformat my computer I'll upload it, youtube still causes a BSOD on my desktop. :/
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”